Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Black and Brown





Head to Toe: Dress, Francesca's Collections; Belt; Mom's; Scarf, Rue 21 Outlet; Earrings, Gift; Oxfords, Forever 21.

Wow, one month in and I'm already repeating clothes! (See how I wore this dress here.) But to my credit, I forbade myself from buying tanks and shorts long ago but the weather has yet to follow suite. I know I've been complaining about this a lot, but it's been tricky to pick clothes that are Fall in spirit but cool enough for muggy, 70-80 degree days. I know California girls must deal with this every year, but COME ON Connecticut, the blog is called New England Romance. Where are the red and orange leaves? The crisp 60 degree mornings perfect grabbing a pumpkin spice latte on the way to work? Let's get to it mother nature!

Aside from my whining, I do really love this outfit. Whoever said black and brown clash had a stick up their you know what...



8 comments:

  1. cute dress! i feel the same way living in NYC. I really want to wear my fall clothes, but it's been pretty warm and humid here lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful look! I love the scarf - it looks fantastic tied as a headband! :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so good babe:)
    love the combination of black and brown

    New outfitpost - New favourite dress
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, love this look and it looks so cute in your other post too "Life's A Beach." I'm all for the remixing, & thrifting, it's so much more realistic than always getting something new. And I hear you on the weather too. Oh my gosh, I'm on the west coast and it's been SO grey & gloomy! Hoping for some sun soon. Happy Friday and weekend. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!
    And @closetconfections I'll be visiting your beautiful city tomorrow! hoping to score some good vendor buys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the combination of black and brown! classic!

    Kaye Awatin
    Fashion Blogger
    http://thestyleflux.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.