Sunday, October 23, 2011

Off with his head!



Red Queen Costume:
      Cost: about $20
      Time: 3 hours

I was more than excited to debut my Red Queen costume Thursday night at my friends' Halloween party...best of all, now I can share my costume with you in time for Halloween!

Here's how I did it:

I found the black dress at a thrift shop for $4. I cut out the heart and Q's from felt and glued them to the dress with Fabric Tack ($5). I bought just one yard of the checkerboard fabric at Joanne's for about $5 and made finished edges by folding it in half and gluing each end together. I glued the top piece underneath the dress and used safety pins to attach the ruffle at the bottom.

The glitter headband is from the $1 section at Joanne's and I glued on the heart shapes and rhinestones with Guerrilla Glue.

The black pumps are my mom's and they already had a bow on them...so I tied some fabric to the bow and glued the heart (cut out of cards) onto the fabric, and the bow onto the heart. When I'm done, I just have to take off the fabric and the shoes are good as new!

I taped the Queen of Hearts card to my clutch for an extra touch and threw on some heart earrings I already had. Last, the tights (about $7 from the Halloween store) pulled the look together.

My beauty regime included bouncy hair, false eyelashes, and red lipstick.

Wah-lah, you can walk around all night saying, "Off with his head!" whenever someone gets on your nerves.


Monti's White Rabbit Costume: Target (88 cents on sale!)
He wasn't too pleased to be wearing it, but had to tough it out for the photos.

Myself and Liz as a flapper.

Mackenzie and Me

29 comments:

  1. Wow you look fab!!! Thanks for dropping by, I am following you now, however I am not seing you among my followers so I hope that you'll follow back!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh i love it! and matching doggie so cute! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Halloween pictures! What dates are you celebrating it this year in the US?
    Greetings from Finland!

    xxx
    E
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! Oh i LOVE it! and it shows off your tan very nicely!. Poor doggie though haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmygosh, how adorable!! I love your dress and the tights.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww thanks hun. You are looking freakin amazing here! I love that you're the red queen and your pup is the white rabbit! Oh em gee the cuteness is too much! haha. You're so sweet hun, really digging yours too. I hope we can stay in contact and grow our blogs together 6^_^

    Eeli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like ure all geared up for halloween! lovely look! inspired by alice in the wonderland? :)

    xo,
    issatchieu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your costume is too cute!! And I love your dog!

    http://confessionsofabeauty-holic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post! I'm so in love with your tights so awesome :)

    White Honeyr

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay, I can't tell you how much I love Alice In Wonderland! I never get tired of seeing it referenced. That being said, you look mighty fine! ;)

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you are so creative and your dress is looking lovely. I love the hearts on it! Fabulous outfit.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely outfit!!
    please take also a look at my blog and become a friend :)

    XO, Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit! So original.

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That blog so ideal! now you're going to see a lot around here ...
    I invite you to walk through the mine and to follow me if you like mine!

    a kiss, Claire.
    c.o.c.o.
    http://lookingforthestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is TOO CUTE! Well done :)

    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh don't you look like a treat! and monti too!

    xo

    Bang & Buck

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is a cool halloween costume! you are adorable and I love those tights! nice DIY :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow even your dog is dressed up... Excellent dedication, if there's one thing I hate, it's half-assed dress-up
    http://www.rebeccajart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look adorable...
    xx the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
    share the feeling
    visit <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. ur new follower :D
    Have a great rest of the week sweetie !

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE it!! What a cute easy and cheap idea, so great! And you dog, how adorable!!

    Nicole Marie
    www.nicolemariewho.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute! I actually just wrote about my costume too! It's all DIY. I think those are the most fabulous costumes for halloween :)

    - gab
    - www.shortfashionstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is such a great costume! brilliant idea to do this.

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. How creative!! I love how you put this together yourself! So cute!

    xoxo Denise
    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This costume is so original and cute! Love that you did it yourself!

    xo Catie @ catiebroscius.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.