Saturday, December 3, 2011

Strictly Professional




Head to Toe: Sweater, Urban Behavior; Skirt, Mom's; Booties, Target.

Last week I had several occasions that called for professional attire. Again for these two outfits (above and below), I went shopping in my mom's closet. The tweed skirt was a perfect fit, and I restyled the wool skirt for another look. In both cases, simplicity was key. But I still wanted my personality to shine through, so I added a splash of color and mixed textures. It's difficult for me to swallow my desire to pile on sparkly accessories, but I guess less is more in this case.

What advice to you have for maintaining your personal style with a more professional dress code?




Head to Toe: Sweater, Old Navy; Skirt, Mom's; Tights, Marshall's; Booties, Target.

11 comments:

  1. Boots <3 and skirt from the first combination is great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic professional looking outfits! I especially love the skirt in the first look. So pretty!

    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You styled the red skirt beautifully! And I like the blue sweater with the bird on it :) (is it a bird?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So obsessed with tweed! Very Chanel! Love it..

    All the best, ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are 2 great professional looks, Annie! I LOVE the first tweed skirt - so cute! I think you did a great job of letting your personality shine through by pairing the professional skirts with unexpected ankle-booties.
    And, I'm with you - I love to layer! But you're right, less can be more in the ol' professional world :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Annie, what can I say? I think u tried,guess i prefer shorter skirts,well those boots surely stand out.
    My advice for professional would be keep it brief and crisp with minimal jewelery and up-do for the hair!Will do anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that red skirt - so pretty!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are great looks on you - you nailed the professional look with a knee length pencil skirt. The tweed was especially cute and you made it still look hip vs. old lady :) AND, the Target booties..I swear, they have the best selections on boots lately! I give a lot of professional style advice at my job, try the skirt with a loose button up blouse tucked in sometime, and layer with a sweater for winter!X
    http://lr-moonchild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That red skirt is really nice looking. --Followed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.