Monday, May 7, 2012

The Graduate




Head to Toe: Dress, Urban Outfitters; Boots, Hunter; Bag, Nine West via TJ Maxx.

Warmer temps bring outfit simplicity. No worries about matching tights and sweaters, and endless layers (which I will be missing by Fall). Throw on a dress and some jewelry, and you're good to go. In this case, since it has been belated April-showering every day, it was a funky dress and some Wellies.

This weekend, I finally closed a big chapter in my life--school. Since I graduated in December, there wasn't a ceremony, and it was kind of just like, "Hey, no more college." I didn't plan on going to graduation since I don't have much of a connection to the University anymore, but I did decide to go to a smaller Honors convocation they were holding. I figured that was something worth attending--and taking a pic in my cap and gown for. Cheese!


Me, looking all post-grad

10 comments:

  1. There is something about donning the cap and gown that really makes things set it! So exciting! Also really love that UO dress - the colors and mixed patterns are just so fun! Perfect for spring.

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that you went to that! The cap and gown picture is essential!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I can't wait until I graduate! A little late in life I know! And I love the unique combination of your skirt and top! You know how I love stripes!-Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And keep plugging away, you'll make it. It's never too late!

      Delete
  4. Love your Outfit, pretty Dress and your Wellies look good on your bare legs.
    Julie
    xoxo

    http://juliewearswellingtons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute, in both that dress and your cap & gown :) Congrats on being done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!!!! That's really an amazing accomplishment.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats girl!!
    May I ask what your major was in college? :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katja!...I was an English major :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.