Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DIY Ombre Shorts




Head to Toe: Tank, American Eagle; Shorts, DIY; Moccasins, Minnetonkas (Gift); Necklace and bracelet, Delia's. 

I was feeling crafty this week so I decided to DIY some ombre shorts, and I am delighted with the outcome. First I made an old pair of capris into cut-offs (I always leave a little extra length so I can cuff them). Then I dipped the lower half into a bowl of bleach, letting it seep up towards the top. I soaked for about 10 minutes, rinsed, and threw in the wash. That easy!




Clockwise from top left: Watching sailboats during a beachfront lunch, 
relaxing at the docks near my house, wearing an H&M skirt with hand-me-down blouse in NYC,
and my finished creation.



11 comments:

  1. The shorts came out perfectly! They're so cute, love it.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! :) wish the weather was good here in England so I could wear shorts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shorts! <3
    http://keepitclassymarina.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ombre denim seems to be one of the easier trends to wear this summer, they look so cute! (And easy to do, I love this idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! They look adorable :) Perfect summer project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of ombre shorts right now...perfect summer staple! These are gorgeous, doll!

    http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a perfect summer look! The shorts have such a laid-back vibe to it and the colorful necklace is so fun :) haha I wish my ombre shorts turned out as nice as yours, I dyed mine unevenly and it didn't turn out ombre-y.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shorts. Perfect laid-back summer look.=)

    http://kashaysblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.