Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tropical Punch



Head to Toe: Tank, Delia's; Jeans, Strawberry New York; Sandals, Marshall's; Hat, American Eagle; Necklace, Delia's.

I have not been able to get off my color kick this summer--nor do I want to! I'm loving the island vibe with punchy patterns and colors, topped with my new favorite hat.

Today I had an great time soaking up some rays (a little too many though, ouch!) at Misquamicut beach, Rhode Island. In the June issue of Self magazine, there was a quote I cut out and taped on my mirror. It reads, "You've waited all year for days like these: long, sweet and bright. Don't waste a minute. Step away from the roar of everyday life, and tune in to the rhythm of the waves. Let the sun, water and breeze kiss your cheeks and style your hair. Summer days still have as many hours as when you were a kid. Free yourself and remember how to fill them." My new (a bit lengthy) motto for summer.


6 comments:

  1. Hello there! am starting to love your blog, you’re so pretty =)) weeeee I love all fashion blogger.. you're such an inspiration. following you already! Hope you will follow my humble blog too..and hope to see more of your post =))

    http://sittieinthecity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your sandals... and is true, you look tropical but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not yet been to Rhode Island! And I love your outfit, especially the yellow skinnies! Don't get off of your bright colors kick! They just really help brighten anybody's day! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect motto for the summer. Loving the color kick too- so fun and what a great way to really just enjoy!

    Looking good!
    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS! so colorful and FUN

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.