Sunday, October 21, 2012

Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Costumes always look better when you make them yourself. If you get a last-minute invite or just aren't too handy with a sewing machine and glue gun, these costume ideas can be made using clothes you probably already have in your closet or can easily find at Goodwill. Happy Halloween!


Snooki

A hilarious spin on last year's Snooki costume, wear any tacky club dress (leopard preferred) with outrageous heels. Tease a huge pouf, and of course, spray tan. Steal Borrow your niece's baby doll and you're good to go.


Sandy

An oldie but goodie is Sandy from Grease. Throw on your leather leggings, a black tank, a leather jacket and red heels (black will do also, only super-fans will notice the difference). Curl your hear and wear red lipstick and you'll be singing "Greased Lightning" all night long. Tell your man to wear black jeans with a black undershirt and to slick his hair back and you've got a partner in crime.



Holly

This costume is easier than it looks. Pair a LBD with pumps, pile on the pearls and grab some long gloves at the thrift store. Purchase a cheap tiara and cigarette holderI was a flapper a few years ago and found one at a Halloween store for about $1.



Gymnast

Perfectly timed after this past summer's Olympics is the gymnast costume. Wear your leotard from the Gaga body suite craze with track pants and throw on a cheap medal. A tight ponytail completes the look.


Katniss


































If you're as obsessed with The Hunger Games as I am, you're going to love this one. Green skinnies, a black tee, boots (combat preferred but any will have a similar effect) and a raincoat or leather jacket make the look. Braid your hair, and if you're really hard core, grab a bow and arrows at the costume shop (or borrow from a friend who hunts, not recommended).


28 comments:

  1. I think that Hunger Games and Olympic- related costumes are going to be really big this year. The pregnant or Momma Snooki idea is genius! Everyone always goes as Snooki, but this is a variation of that.

    Life Unsweetened

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I just made my own costume for Halloween (of course)! Can't wait to show it off on my blog! Miss you love! <3

    DIY Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I can't wait to see your costume either I'm sure it's going to be pretty awesome knowing you.
      xo

      Delete
  3. Holy Golightly and Sandy are both very good hypothesis, love it! Such fun, cheap and sexy outfits!

    My Own Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great ideas! I have such a hard time putting together Halloween costume ideas, but a lot of these look like they could be put together from an existing closet. The Mama Snooki is probably my favorite - haha!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great!!! I love the gymnast one!

    Tracy
    therightshoesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I love the Mama Snooki costume!! These are such great ideas! Following you now :)

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These costumes are awesome and pretty easy to recreate too! I especially love the katniss costume :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! You did such a fab job picking all the pieces for each outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are absolutely gorgeous pics!!! love them you can follow my blog here http://www.sandford-highschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great idea for Halloween Costumes ! Thank You and of course followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those collection. Thanks for sharing.
    I had so much fun reading this post.
    I love your blog
    I am following you now,
    I hope you can follow back.
    fashionerza.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great sets! I love it!
    Following you back on GFC and Bloglovin.
    kisses)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sets!I have just discovered your blog and I'm your new follower!

    xoxo, Magdalena from Vega-fashion

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great costume ideas. I love the Holly Golightly take! Who doesn't want to be Audrey Hepburn in that film?! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome ideas! Holy Golightly!! Yes please! Awesome!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh I LOVE the Snooki idea and Katniss - so fun!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ideas! I definitely like the homemade costumes...time to get creative right!?!!!
    badbarbara.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grease is one of my FAV movies!! Love the idea of dressing as Sandy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous easy costume ideas!

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey honey
    I just found your blog and I love it!
    you look amazing!
    check my blog if you want and maybe follow if you like it!
    xoxo

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great post and lovely ideas! I've been looking and searching for some easy homemade halloween costume ideas to use on this coming Halloween. Thanks to you, i just got some idea. Thanks for sharing these DIY halloween costume ideas. Cheers!

    ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.