Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Life Lately: Hurricane Edition

Everything's been a bit shaken up around here lately. I got sick over the weekend just in time for Hurricane Sandy to smash the East coast. Thankfully, our house had very little damage aside from a few missing shingles, and we never flooded. My thoughts are with the many who were less fortunate through the storm. Though we (also thankfully) never lost power, a lot of CT is out so I've been home from work until today...What day is it again?...Our town has postponed Halloween for a week so that officials can clean up the mess! So needless to say it's been a strange few days, but my heart goes out to everyone who didn't fare so well.


Clockwise from top left: Pumpkin patch cupcakes, Monti sporting his Halloween shirt,
my not-so-impressive pumpkin and her lashes, and goofing off on a Saturday.



17 comments:

  1. cute photos! I'm glad to hear you're ok and Sandy didn't hurt you!
    I’m new and would love you to visit my blog and if you like it please feel free to follow via GFC and bloglovin!
    Happy Halloween!
    http://annscircus.blogspot.com.es/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything is doing well with you.take care! by the way, i like the pumpkin picture, so cute! :-)

    Babi

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you hun!
    following now -xxx
    kisses jess
    http://jessjessde.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that everyone is safe! Super cute pictures. Gotta ask, does this mean Halloween will come in November this year?
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a lot of east coast towns, yes!!

      Delete
  5. Great photos!
    Nice blog! Would you like to follow each other?

    xx Karolina

    Caramode Blog - Bloglovin - Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that the damage wasn't too severe. It's so scary what has happened.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad you are okay!! and at least you carved a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy to hear that everything is ok with you and with your house :)
    Have a nice day dear, kisses :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm happy to hear you are safe and ok! I didn't know you were in CT, I have a lot of friends who live there.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I see now you are in MA, not too far!

      Delete
  10. This Hurricane Sandy is really horrible thing! I'm glad you're safe!
    kisses)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are safe and not too much damage was done!! Hope you are feeling better!!

    <3 Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad all is well How scary! Cute cupcakes, they look delish!
    badbarbara.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you are alright. Some of my friends lost their house and many things they loved... I keep getting upset thinking about it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. im glad to hear you didn't get flooded and only missing a few shingles, could have been worst thankfully it wasn't! i love those lashes you put on the pumpkin and now i am craving cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love love your iphone case !!! :)

    RUNWAY JUICE

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.