Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bedroom Re-do

Model: Monti the Shih Tzu 

Last month, I took on the project of redoing my room. Since I'm still living at home, it's the only space I have to really make my own. I had outgrown the beachy look I created the last time I painted my room (see below) almost four years ago and wanted something more sophistocated. I chose minty-blue walls with a purple-gray accent color and freshened up the white trim. It took one weekend of hard work, but I am thrilled with the turnout.

Before




After

Ceiling to Floor: Paint, Behr (Home Depot); Bed, Amazon; Bedspread, Zara Home; Bear Rug, Target; Throw blanket, made by Mackenzie's talented mamma, Ida;  Blue throw pillows and furry throw pillow, Target; Gold pillow, gift from India.


Sign, Gift; Curtains, Walmart.


Use little trays to display the jewelry you wear most often.

Style favors and memorabilia for a personal decoration. Screw small hooks into a wall and costume jewelry becomes decorative and organized.

Mirrors, Myan Dreams.

Wall decals, Walls Need Love; Bird throw pillow, Marshall's. 





Suns, Myan Dreams


 I DIY'd the leaf bulletin board out of cork paper and a wallpaper sample. My grandmother helped me make this sea-glass-filled mason jar lamp years ago. My mom made the adorable multi-picture frame covered in sea-glass.

18 comments:

  1. OMG....your bedroom looks soooo cute now!! So many beautiful details! I love the swallows on the hall, and your doggie is adorable! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dog! :) And your new room looks amazing!

    Caramode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey gorgeous, I am currently having a giveaway over on my blog at the moment, I would love for you to check it out :)
    Punky Pugs Beauty products Giveaway
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sign! and those birds decal - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute room, great redo!
    We have the same computer! haha
    badbarbara.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the birds on your wall! i also love the little mirrors, such cute items!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! LOVE this! You did such a PHENOM job! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog :)
    Of course I'd like to follow each other! I'm your new follower, waiting for you ♥
    Keep up with great work!
    xo/Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with your room, looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your new room is lovely, and your dog is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie! Your room looks adorable! I love it!

    <3

    DIY Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you redid your room, the new colors are nice and the wall decals are so awesome! hehe your dog is really cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool this inspired me to do a blog post about my room it used to be dark brown and I got al new furniture and re decorated to all white.Something I will def think about doing taking some shots before december hopefully x
    Great new look

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your room is so cozy and cute <3

    http://www.tributetothetribe.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so cozy and cute! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hard work paid off your room looks beautiful! So awesome and your doggie is adorable!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.