Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cold Front






Head to Toe: Flannel, Thrifted; Chambray shirt, Gap; Sweater, Loft (Gift); Jeans, Thrifted; Boots, Frye; Tights and Socks, Urban Outfitters; Bag and hat, American Eagle (Gift).

We've been hit with a serious cold spell this week with temps in the 10's (and lower at night). My goal with this outfit? Pile on as many layers as possible without looking like a hobo. I layered tights underneath my ripped jeans with knee-socks on top and three layers on my upper half.

It's been an eventful week. Monday was my 23rd birthday! It's strange, I know I'm still young, but somehow this year I'm feeling particularly older. Anyone else get that feeling in your early twenties?

Also, I got a juicer for my birthday and made my first attempt at "juicing" today. I used apples, mango, a peach, and kale. It was really delicious, though I think I may need to use juicier veggies (maybe carrots?) because it didn't seem like much squeezed out the kale. Do you juice? If so, I'd love to hear your best tips/concoctions.



12 comments:

  1. I hope that you had a great birthday! And seriously, the cold is insane right now! Unimpressed. Cute outfit - love those jeans.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely don't look like a hobo! And happy birthday!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had an amazing birthday! You are so cute, stay warm!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!your outfit is soo stylish,love your jeans!thank you for your comment dear!many kisses!
    http://shoppingtherapy153.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw yay happy belated birthday!! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday annie!! hope you had a great rest of your weekend! i've always wanted a juicer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh so cold! But I love how you layered here, the tights under jeans is genius. HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) The juicer seems really cool, and wow so many different fruits and veggies, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're always the cutest. I hope your birthday was amazing.

    Love you!
    DIY Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey dear I really like your blog! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin, facebook and even lookbook if you want...just let me know :3 <3


    NEW POST UP!

    www.OntoMyWardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.