Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bits and Pieces

Head to Toe: Flannel, Pac Sun; Jean Jacket, Forever 21; Black Jacket, Old Navy; Leggings, Charlotte Russe; Boots, Hunter

I had to settle for porch pics today considering it is monsoon-ing outside. If only I had my super-cute brown plaid umbrella to style with this outfit, I wouldn't need shelter. Unfortunately, it has gone to the home for lost umbrellas along with the other three I have recently "misplaced" (a.k.a. left on the train, on the train platform or otherwise mysteriously disappeared). Now I am left with a super not-cute $3 drugstore umbrella that I bought in a pinch because, why bother? Anyway, I am so tired of my puffers and pea-coats that I decided to layer spring jackets instead. This one, thankfully has a hood so I will be mildly protected in the probable event that I cannot find my umbrella.

In other news, Sunday was one of my favorite days of the year, the New Haven St. Patrick's Day parade. I love being in the city of my Alma Mater, and when else is it socially acceptable to spike your coffee with Bailey's at 10 a.m.? It was a great day catching up with friends and having a few too many car bombs.
 My Irish guy, could you tell?

11 comments:

  1. Love your layers Annie! And the color of your nails is so fun :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and the nails!
    Beautiful!
    Donkeycool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit despite teh weather - love the layered look!!

    elle [wonderfelle world]

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone that lost all the umbrellas I bought in my first year in Paris I understand you, and love your rain boots. Nice pictures. I am your newest follower :)

    www.graceintemporelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was the first year in 6 that I wasn't living in New Haven for the parade - this makes me so nostalgic.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say I love your new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hunters... you really just can't go wrong with them!! Looks great!

    oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute how you layered with the spring jackets! haha I leave my umbrellas everywhere too, I go through so many every year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those all the layers! and i really want a pair of hunters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun! St. Patty's day is mine and my hubby's favorite day of the year- or one of them at least! -Jess L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.