Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Blues and Insta-Week

Head to Toe: Blouse, Marshall's; Jacket, Forever 21; Jeans, TJ Maxx; Heels, Nine West - Thrifted; Scarf, H&M.

These jeans were a clearance buy a few months back, and I've been waiting for a spring day to wear them. It was not snowing or below freezing yesterday, so I considered that spring-y enough. The "clutch" is an envelop a co-worker of mine received an invitation in...she knew it would be good blog material. Thanks Kerri!

So I saw this metallic Sharpie manicure idea on Pinterest, and yes, it works! I decided to do a half-moon with mint polish. It's Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet. The other Pinterest-worthy thing I did this week was make cake pops. I made cake for my Dad's birthday, and I was crushed when it didn't come out of the pan right and turned into a crumbly mess. But in "when life gives you lemons" fashion, I turned the ruined cake into cake pops. My dad loved them, and I took the rest into work the next day. And they were a hit! I love happy endings.


16 comments:

  1. Annie! This outfit is sooo adorable! I am obsessed with those pants and adore how you styled them. I've seen sharpie nails on pinterest as well, and have been wondering how well it works. I will definitely be buying a few fancy sharpies to try! Thanks for the inspiration

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing! Just make sure to put top coat over it, or it will come off pretty quickly.

      Delete
  2. I love all the blue, gorgeous trousers x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pants and the cloutch! And your smile beautiful!!
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the jeans and the clutch. You look gorgeous. It was snowing over here yesterday :-)

    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG

    xx

    glamdevils

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love the outfit, entirely, is so perfect, those jeans are beyond and w the scarf and the jacket are greaaaaat! Nice job

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jeans are so cool, I love the pattern and it really goes with that pretty "clutch". hahah my invitations never come in such a nice envelope :) And I love your sharpie + mint nail polish nails, soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tribal pants, clutch and everything you wear I really love it, such a happines celebrate the dad's bday together with us

    http://bellepattinson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jeans are great, and the envelope really mach them! I hope to have so good friends too! They would just keep the "clutch". The nail polish is wonderful!
    xoxo
    Brujaness, Brujaness Fb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit! I love your pants, clutch and your nails.

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diggin the ikat pants! Nice :>


    http://DownToStars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your pants !

    following you now, hope you follow back ;)

    www.heymarsya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.