Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hippie Child and No-Shop May

Head to Toe: Chambray top, Marshall's; Vest, Rue 21; Pants, TJ Maxx; Necklace and Bag, American Eagle; Headband, Charlotte Russe; Shoes, Converse.

Last week my friend said to me, "So I like this new boho thing that you're doing." I replied that it was probably just what she happened to see me wearing a few times, and that it wasn't a thing. One crochet vest and a flower headband later, and I think it may officially be a thing. What can I say? I'm digging the whole laid-back hippie vibe, and with summer coming it feels like the perfect time to connect with my inner flower child.

On another note, I took out my summer clothes last weekend and in an effort to clean/organize my closet I realized how much stuff I have. With a closet full of clothes, shoes and accessories, I still continue to shop. And while my closet becomes more and more stuffed, my wallet is becoming slimmer. So, I have decided to swear off shopping for the month of May. I got a head start and officially began my fast on Saturday, so it will be about six weeks in all. If I succeed, I am going to buy a new camera! Is your love for clothes, shoes and accessories turning into an addiction? Join me as I kick the habit...for now, at least.
Photos by Mackenzie

25 comments:

  1. Love these pants and you look adorable in the floral headpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really gorgeus legging sweetie!

    xoxo

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is very pretty,you have a new follower,follow back, if you like ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and pretty outfit.
    Loving your pants so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowow, no shopping all of may??? I really want/need to do something like this but I do not have the will power for it!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A denim shirt is a must in my closet! Cute outfit! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this look! Like very much the pants!!!!
    Kisses beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thx Dear for following, I'm following you already to ^^ I looove your pants <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you boho style. The pants are rad. I don´t want to give up shopping haha. Wish you good luck. Do you already know what camera you´ll buy?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mira, definitely an SLR I'm thinking probably a Nikon, but not positive. Any recommendations? Your photos always look fabulous.

      Delete
  11. Love your Style and your Blog :) Following you via gfc and bloglovin!
    xoxo

    http://stylebythree.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Dear!

    Great post! Love it

    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/2013/04/red-luxurious.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this new boho thing you're doing too! The jeans have such a cool print and I really like the flower headband. And good luck on no shopping in May. I did the same thing in December/January to get a new camera too and i'm so glad I did. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Thank you :D

      Delete
  14. Love the pattern on those pants! And good for you doing a shopping ban for May - I need to think about doing that as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you for doing a shopping ban! I have done one before and it is not easy. But all the money you save is great! Hopefully, you can get yourself a nice camera!
    I am totally loving this outfit. The pattern on your pants is so cool! And your crochet vest is awesome! I would love to feature your look in our "things we love" post on Wednesday. We will be sure to link back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg love love love this look!!! love how you mixed bohemian and tribal aspects together!! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.