Monday, May 13, 2013

Motherly Love

Head to Toe: Dress, Hollister; Chambray blouse, Marshall's; Scarf and Bracelets, American Eagle; Bag, Thrifted; Shades, Vendor; Sneakers, Converse.

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mamma's out there. I had a lovely time with my mom yesterday, going for a nice long walk and visiting a tiny art fair in town. While I appreciate all of the things she did growing up, my mom has also done so much for me into my adult life. Through huge life changes and transitions, she's really been there to support me and offer advice. She has always been my role model.

To show the moms in my life some love, I made cupcake bouquets, based on this blog post by 52 Kitchen Adventures (found via Pinterest, of course). I improvised a little, using a flat foam block instead of a ball and stacking them a bit. Overall, I think they came out great and the receiving mommies were pleased. Plus, they weren't too difficult for those of us who operate slightly below Martha's standards.

14 comments:

  1. Cute you look very pretty :3 plus lovely gift for mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look! And the combination with write converse is perfect!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarf's colors pretty photos !!

    Visit My blog urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and you mom are pretty!


    Jamie Kate
    http://allaroundchekwa.blogspot.com
    All Around Chekwa x Oasap May Giveaway. Join here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like your Mom I think! You are beautiful in that photo- so tan and love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your scarf. Those cupcakes look lovely, what a lovely idea =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the look and those cupcakes look delicious.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics and great skirt. I am following you now via bloglovin. Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous outfit! you look so cute :)
    i've followed you back
    also followed you on instagram as @nattyliang, follow me back if you like :)
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your mom are too cute! Love that gorgeous scarf :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the look! :)

    Enter my giveaway! a ChloƩ perfum is waiting for you :)

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/sorteogiveaway-see-by-chloe.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. so lovelY! shall we follow with bloglovin and fb? let me know XSE
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.