Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chic Shorts for Summer

Head to Toe: Shirt, Hollister; Shorts, Forever 21; Necklace, Gift; Flats, Vince Camuto via Marshall's; Nails are Essie's In the Cab-ana; Clutch is recycled from an invitation. 

Happy Friday fashionistas! I love dress shorts for summer, and these are super feminine and long enough to wear to work. For a dressier atmosphere, substitute the tee for a blouse. 

This is a particularly exciting Friday for me. Tomorrow Mackenzie and I are hitting the Jay Z and Justin Timberlake concert in NYC, and Saturday we leave for our beach vacation. Could anything be more perfect? To quote Young Hov, "Life is but a dream to me."
Another note: If you've ever wondered how interior designers create amazing spaces, check out this article I wrote for atHome magazine's website! I sat down with ace local designer and store owner, Susan Anderson of Westport's White Birch Studio for a peek into her creative process. 

17 comments:

  1. Those are great shorts - I love the lace...and the color. You know, I love pretty much everything about them!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is absolutely to die for! I love the lace shorts, too. This whole outfit is spectacular. :D

    Check out my blog if you get the chance for a new product giveaway! :)

    Anna
    prettymuchreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shorts and your shoes are so cute! Hope you have fun, the Jay Z and Justin Timerblake concert sounds like it'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shorts, just perfect! xx

    http://www.timelessdifference.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! love your stunning necklace dear

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these shorts on you. They are SO cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lace shorts are so pretty! Looks fabulous on you. Also love your flats and that necklace. Ohhhh, you are going to have SUPER FUN! Jay Z and Justin? That's a SUPER PARTY in itself! HAHAHA Have a great time and have fun on your holiday. So deserving! Will check out your article.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your shorts
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally loved this post!!! Really great inspiration! tell me if you would like to follow each other! I follow you back for sure - Lots of Love, Kyra♡
    FOLLOW MY BLOG // TELL ME // I FOLLOW YOU BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shorts are adorable! I love the necklace too =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your summer outfit! That purse is adorable! THank you for your comments. I am your new follower. Hope you will follow me back.
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.