Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Loose Knits for Summer

Head to Toe: Sweater, American Eagle; Shorts, Forever 21; Necklace, American Eagle; Bracelet, Francesca's Collections; Sandals, Target; Bag, Gift from Ecuador.

No matter how long I blog for, I'm not sure if I'll ever get over the awkwardness of getting caught taking my photos. My neighbors are pretty used to my weirdness, but I imagine to random strangers I just look like someone who goes to incredible lengths to take selfies.One of my new favorite picture taking locales is this pretty walking/biking trail by the water nearby. Downside is I have to endure some strange looks by passing dog walkers. I usually bring my photo assistant Monti the Shih Tzu along, which would be a good cover if the tripod and camera didn't give me away. Today, a woman walking by said "Oh, pretty." Assuming she was talking about my dog, I replied, "Thanks, he just got a haircut." It later registered she probably meant me and I felt like an even bigger dork. Oh, well!

19 comments:

  1. I love loose knits. They are comfy, casual, and perfect for summer!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the top. i always dig bohemian outfits :)
    http://www.indieelectronicalternative.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great look! love the top so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello there :) thank you so much for your lovely comment! I really love this outfit! it's so effortless yet cute! love it :) perfect for summer night!

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always have a good day, lovely sling bag and cute green polish peeped over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweater, really cool and different! xx

    http://www.timelessdifference.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top looks so cute & comfy, and perfect for summer :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it Have a great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, everyone takes random selfies, it's become a second nature thing! People may think it's strange at first, but whatever, you look good regardless!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire fashion bloggers! You guys go through a lot! You do look pretty and I love your top. The tassels are so pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the crochet-top! They are perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! You are brave, I hate taking photos in public. I don't mind if I have somebody with me, but on my own..nonoonnnnonnooo.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ! <3

    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that short babe!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  15. that top is so cute and comfy looking! love it with the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful outfit!

    Love your necklace :)

    http://takeaglass.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great look! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.