Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Evening Outfit and July-stagrams

Head to Toe: Blouse, Thrifted; Skirt, H&M; Sandals, Charlotte Russe.

Wore this outfit last weekend to dinner with girlfriends to celebrate my friend Monika's birthday. I felt like getting a little dressy, and was excited to wear this awesome silk top I nabbed thrifting for $5 at Saver's.
Has July really come and gone already? Though I can't believe how fast it's flying, this has been one of my favorite summers. I've come to learn that in the big girl world, summer means something entirely different than when you're a kid. Even though I enjoyed my college summers, I was always working and taking classes, and my friends' schedules and mine were always all over the place. This is my second summer working full time, and I've come to savor the time I spend outside and plan weekend trips when  I can. Looking back on my favorite July memories (biking on Fourth of July, going to see Jay Z, lighthouse visiting), I really feel like I have been getting the most out of the season. And there is more than a month left! Yesterday my friends and I took a trip to Rhode Island to go to the beach and had a great time sunning and swimming. More adventures are to be had; what's left on your summer to-do list?
 Photos by Mom

19 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the sassy skirt with the simpler top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your skirt and the nail paint you have on is lovely!

    Jewellery giveaway on My blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that top & skirt together! It's beautiful & tropical. Great sandals.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics and I really like that combination. Have a reat day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo cute!! i love the nails!

    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    LesleyKim

    LesleyKim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! xo
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty feminine look! Love the skirt

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous skirt!
    such a lovely look
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love your nail color and the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy & sexy look....the skirt is so eye catching!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muy bonita la falda!!
    Saludos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear!
    Nice outfit, love that skirt
    I'm following you :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This outfit can glam up anyone's day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. SOmeone needs to tell us being kids to enjoy those free month on summer, beacouse oh boy!!! do we miss them now being all grown up!

    btw i love the print of your skirt

    ReplyDelete
  15. loveeeeee!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful, I like tha shape of the skirt and the color of the top, this outfit is really cool.
    Have a nice day honey

    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion FB·._.·´¯)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.