Saturday, September 14, 2013

Threads and Thoughts

Head to Toe: Dress, Forever 21 (from Continuations Consignments); Blazer, H&M; Heels, Vince Camuto.

I snapped these photos before attending the super-glamorous A-List Awards, put on by atHome magazine (check out my fall trend report on the mag's website). The show heralds the best of Connecticut designers and architects and I was lucky enough to attend. I like to stand out from the sea of black cocktail attire, so why not rock a horse-donned dress? Congrats to all who were nominated!

Outfit photos by Mackenzie
On another note, if you have noticed that my posts have been brief lately, a lot has been weighing on my mind. This past week, my grandpa passed away at the age of 85. Dr. Robert Trever was a loving father and grandfather, a devoted husband to my grandma for 59 years. My grandfather was also a brilliant doctor who had the deepest love for medicine and his patients, running his own practice until retiring at 77. His thirst for knowledge and curiosity about the world and its people was passed onto my mother and then to me. I also like to think I inherited a bit of his goofiness; he was always cracking one-liners. After being diagnosed with Parkinson's in the later years of his life, my grandpa's love for medicine drove him to learn more about the disease, and he hoped his case could help further research and treatment. He was a truly remarkable person, always happiest when surrounded by his family and I have nothing but happy memories to hold onto.
Always the prankster, on his 80th birthday

19 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather - but it sounds like he lived a wonderfully life. On a brighter note, love the dress! Great print.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing

    http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/09/are-you-ready-for-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. Amazing photos. Keep up a good work.

    Let's follow watch other. Visit my site :

    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com

    XoXo,
    With love Vilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted a dress with this kind of pattern, I find it very naif and romantic. You're very pretty and I am now following you :)

    Have a nice sunday!

    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love your outfit :)

    http://nicole-aguinaldo.blogspot.com/2013/09/friday-13th.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute dress- and it's perfect for fall with the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I feel sorry about your grandpa.. you look so cute in that horse printed dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice dress

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know it can be hard so all of my thoughts are with you! At least you have some wonderful memories that can help you get through :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about your grandpa, loved the picture. So sweet.
    Keep the good memories in mind :)

    On the other hand, you're so gorgeous! love that dress
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that horse print dress and how you wore it with a black blazer!

    So sorry to hear about your grandpa, sounds like he was a really remarkable person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that dress is so pretty! i love love love the print!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful. I love that dress, the print is so cute.

    I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Felicidades al cumpleaƱero, Besos

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sad to hear about your grandpa.
    I might say cause of the picture, you're looking exactly the same!!! whats your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart goes out to you, it's always so hard and sad to say goodbye to somebody forever! :(
    Anyways, that is such a nice outfit, the print of that dress is so, so cool and fun! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sad to hear about your grandpa. Hope you are okay. Love your dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.