Sunday, October 20, 2013

DIY Costume: Gatsby, What Gatsby?

Head to Toe: Dress, Burlington; Wig and Headband, Saver's; Jewelry, Misc; Fur stole; H&M.

One of the highlights of my year is planning my Haloween costume. As soon as I saw The Great Gatsby  (after I re-read the book, of course), I knew I wanted to be Daisy Buchanan for Halloween. As a Leo fan and literary nut with a thing for the roaring twenties, it's the perfect fit. I found the wig at my local Saver's (if you have one near you, it is the ultimate thrift shop for costume shopping) and everything else fell into place. I had lots of pearls leftover from a flapper costume I wore a few years ago (seen in this post). I scoured several secondhand shops for the right dress, but finally found this perfect match at Burlington. My total look costs about $50, which is comparable to a store bought one and looks 100 times better! Plus, how good do I look as a blonde??
Photo Cred: CTL
At the party with my bestie, Liz, a Dexter victim.

15 comments:

  1. Really wonderful photos, The Great Gabsy is a very good inspiration!

    Kisses

    NEW OUTFIT

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!! Love your Halloween costume! :)) I still need to read The Great Gatsby!xxx

    -Nikkie

    ChicNikkie
    Bloglovin' | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your costume! You look awesome as a blonde ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an amazing costume and idea :) looks so great !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you look amazing in this costume!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it <3 you look gorgeous <3
    Want to follow each other on GFC?
    xoxo
    www.fashfab.blogspot.com

    Would you also like our facebook page? www.facebook.com/fashfabx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are the CUTEST! What an adorable outfit. so very darling. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved the movie
    and the costume is amazing!
    great idea
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the great gatsby! really nice outfit!

    http://lonelyblogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great look. I think you nailed it.
    http://www.fashboulevard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look amazable!!:) love this look on you and it suits you so perfectly. this glittery dress and the pearls are just amazing:)

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Witty. Very nice pics. Great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.