Friday, October 25, 2013

Last Minute DIY Halloween Costumes

If you're like me, you started planning your Halloween costume in September. If you're like pretty much everyone else on the planet, you probably didn't even think about it until you got a text invite to a costume party this weekend. For those of you in the latter, check out these easy DIY Halloween costumes that can be made from items in your closet or a quick trip to Goodwill. Now go pop some tags!


Betty Boop
Betty Boop
Betty really doesn't require much work...A red dress and pumps plus gold jewelry is all you need. Extra points for dark curly hair, cat-eye makeup and a heart garter (you can craft one from ribbon and felt).


Clueless
Clueless
Pair knee socks and Mary Janes with a yellow skirt and blazer and you're the perfect Cher. Even better with a bestie as Dionne.


Orange is the New Black

Orange is the New Black
If you don't have a stylish orange jumpsuit, your brother's mechanic-wear will also do the trick...Or an orange tee and sweats. A white tee layered underneath adds to the affect. Lesbian lover optional.


Effie Trinket


Effie Trinket
With Catching Fire coming out in a few weeks, it's the perfect time for an Effie Trinket look. Pretty much any dress will work (puffy sleeves a plus). Just add a crazy wig and some flower pins (or make your own from tulle) and have fun with makeup. "May the odds be ever in your favor."


Miley Cyrus
Miley Cyrus
Since I'm guessing you'd be a little cold in a spandex bikini, a nude dress will do the trick for this VMA Miley look. Any foam finger will work, or this one is only about $10 on Amazon. Princess Leah pigtails and superior twerking skills a must.

16 comments:

  1. Betty Boop looks like a fun thing to do this year! Never thought of that.. Wow.. Thanks for sharing!

    ♥, www.Styleat30.com
    Fashion | Food | Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great selection...love it!

    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful halloween costume ideas! Very useful post! :)
    xoxo
    www.fashfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and fun selections, I especially like the lemon color jacket <3
    Arianna, Nymphashion ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such great ideas! I've been struggling to come up with something cheap, and I've actually been considering doing Clueless since I wouldn't have to buy much. The OITNB one is GENIUS though!

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I'd love to follow you (bloglovin + GFC) and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com .


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute ideas! Orange is the New Black definitely wins :) I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please visit mine and I'll follow you back :)
    xo Jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these!! I'd totally be any of these for Halloween in a heartbeat! Nice outfits for Halloween!xx

    -Nikkie
    ChicNikkie
    Bloglovin' | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. the orange one!! Hehehe The Miley Cyrus dress could be dangenous!! Hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first one is really wow.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww betty boop!!! I would go with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just loveee the OITNB one! I think I'll be chucky's bride, super easy, just a white dress, leather jacket, thights and boots!
    Xo
    L
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Orange is the New Black is a great one- I bet a lot of girls will go as that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear! I found your blog browsing the web and I found it very attractive, I love this post and all the beautiful pictures you have.

    I hope that you visit my blog soon
    xo

    Maddy

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    http://freakyfashionfriday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.