Thursday, January 2, 2014

Auld Lang Syne

Head to Toe: Blouse, PacSun; Blazer, Thrifted; Scarf, BCBG; Skinnies, Thrifted; Booties, Target.

It's officially 2014! I sported this outfit on Monday, one of my few work days this week. I love to wear new things right away, so I was glad to style some of my Christmas haul. It's been a long, relaxing holiday, and a super fun New Year's Eve. 2013 was great, a year of growth, but I can't help but feel that Monday will be a fresh start (after I shovel myself out of my driveway, that is).

Every year, I resolve not to sweat the small stuff, but I always do anyway. I still think it's a pretty good goal, so my resolution for 2014 is to simplify. Sometimes, I take a step back and realize my mind hasn't stopped moving all day. In the new year, I want to binge watch SVU and not feel guilty about it, to  spend a snowy Saturday in bed and be completely satisfied. My second resolution is to  be more mindful of others, plainly, to be kind. I've realized how important it is to really listen. Lastly, I resolve to follow the advice of a spinning instructor I once had: "You can not control the actions of others. You can only control how you react to them." Best wishes for a wonderful year!
 Outfit photos by CRL

10 comments:

  1. lovely pictures !! Happy new year doll !! i love the pink Blazer :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blazer colour is very cute! love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi babe!!

    Just found your blog and I love your pics and style <3.. such a great find! I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin' :-).. Hope you can follow back!

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year annie! the side panels on those skinnies are so cute! love your boots, too. i hope to simplify this year too -- it's a great resolution.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore pink on you! Happy 2014!! I hope it's unforgettable for you xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog!! Happy New Year!!
    Can we follow each other on gfc/bloglovin?

    Enter my giveaway here:
    http://asweetwoorld.blogspot.com/2013/12/rosegal-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely!
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. really so nice and perfect blazer. I love that color.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot shoes and love the pink. Looks like you had an awesome new year!
    x atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.