Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dressing for the Polar Vortex

Head to Toe: Turtleneck, H&M; Skirt, Thrifted; Headband, Mudd; Pea Coat, New York & Company; Booties, Target; Muff, Vintage.

The good thing about having a blog is that when holidays roll around you get some pretty fashionable gifts. This outfit is pretty much head to to Christmas haul from my stylish loved ones, and thankfully, everything is cold-weather approved. I got slammed with a nasty cold right as the polar vortex rolled  through, so staying toasty is high on my priority list these days. My vintage muff for example (scored at an auction by Mackenzie's parents) is seriously the warmest thing on the planet and pretty darn cool if you ask me. I'm also obsessed with my pink pea coat and peep-toe booties, which together can turn anything into a stylish outfit. I'll be remixing things a hundred ways, so I promise more photos in better light...Today kind of just flew by, but happy OVER THE HUMP day peeps!

18 comments:

  1. pretty outfit!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh another reference to the polar vortex. I'm not experiencing that here in sunny California. I can't even wear a coat so I'm upset about that. I mean, coats are supposed to be one of the best things about winter fashion. Your outfit is lovely and really suits that vintage muff (muff. such an interesting piece that you won't see here). :)

    Invisible Blush

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute coat you have dear :) i love it !! you look lovely dear :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this pink coat.
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so warm and cozy in that gorgeous outfit. we love the houndstooth skirt, and the pink of the peacoat is such a nice change from the dark colours that tend to dominate winter wardrobes!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pink! You need to look adorable for a Polar Vortex!
    Stay warm and stay safe!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, elegant and chic. I love your coat. The color, the cut, perfect!! The Muff is amazing my dear. Love it.
    xox
    Lenya
    www.fashiondreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! You have a nice blog and beautiful photo)

    Lets follow each other on GFC or/and G+? Write me if you agree)

    WELCOM TO THE WORLD OF FASHION, DIY AND TRAVEL!)

    WWW.CENTRALSTREET.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post ;)
    Kisses <3

    http://www.theladyjersey.com
    http://www.theladyjersey.com
    http://www.theladyjersey.com
    http://www.theladyjersey.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour of this look so much! You look very pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw you look super classy, which is not easy in this freezing weather!! the headwarmer is just the cutest.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.