Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Apartment Life: Living Room

Hey friends! I hope it was a long and restful MDW for all. The weather was beautiful and it really felt like the kickoff to summer. One of my weekend projects was to shoot my apartment so I can finally share my digs on the blog. Today, I'm revealing the living room. Highlights include wrought iron coffee and side tables that I spray painted gold, a repurposed kitchen cart etagere, my grandmother's typewriter and a hand-me-down coffee table painted pink. The blue rug is a clearance steal from Urban Outfitters and the gray stripe was an Ikea find. The braided dog bed was handmade by my mom (visit her Etsy store). An Ikea magazine rack shows off my collection of Cottages & Gardens mags and the curtains are from Home Goods—hemmed by me to accomodate the cove ceilings. A Victorian-style sofa from my Dad's office completes the picture. 

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely space - that typewriter is such a great touch!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh its so fun! I love all the bright colors, makes it so happy in there, hehe :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sofa!!! It's the little things that make this room though! The type writer I love and silver leaf bowl is adorable! I love this room! simplistic and beautiful!

    xxx
    pollypocketbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really peeerfect inspo. I like that place.
    http://www.fashiondenis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you definitely have an eye for design! i love how all of these pieces work together so well, even though some of them are really different. also, your dog is adorable. that picture in the dog bed is perfect!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT PUPPY FACE!!!!! Awww! I just love your place: so colorful and so much light :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love the pink table in the corner and the pink and blue pillows, can't wait to see more!

    lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your apartment looks awesome, Annie! I love the colors. The doggy is so adorable :).

    xx
    Tali
    www.RockMyHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your living space :) all those bright colors make everything pop! I love it! And your puppy is adorable!!
    Xoxo, Adela
    adelabella1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post! so comfortable living room:)
    followed you back dear!

    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/inggridmn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your decor! Very colorful!

    MAKEUP GIVEAWAY on my blog
    http://ladynoree.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your living room looks so cozy and it's well-styled!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Urban Outfitters rug.

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable apartment! I love the solid colors!

    ♡ Ysabel of Pleasantly Chic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.