Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What's in your purse?

I've always toyed with the idea of doing a purse post, but never had the gumption to put one together. When Erin at Credit Card Insider reached out to me to create one for its "What's in your purse?" campaign, it was just the push I needed. So, here goes. My Vera Bradley wallet is my lifesaver. It has a million compartments and can expand to hold a phone and keys in a pinch. For an organization addict like myself, it's a must. I always carry business cards inside said wallet—both for work and my blog. I also carry a catchall that I can toss into whatever purse I'm wearing with things like Chapstick, and a train commuter essential, my headphones. Plus of course my train pass.
These Marc by Marc Jacobs shades complement any outfit. And like any millennial, I never leave the house without my iPhone. I also carry an Apple adapter in my catchall, and it always comes in handy (everything, like the treadmills at the gym, is still on the old charger). Last, a tiny vial of CC cream (courtesy of my Birch Box) is a quick fix on no-makeup mornings.
If you don't own one of these little brush/mirror compacts, you don't know what you're missing. I know we all had them in the third grade but they are still so awesome. I also carry my ELF lip stains (yes, the $1 ones), which are great for adding a little glam if I'm dashing to a meeting. I also keep measuring tape because you never know when you'll find the perfect vintage dresser and need to determine if it will fit up your stairs. And, as a reporter I always keep a notebook (albeit a tiny one) and pen on hand. Plus of course, snacks...Because nobody likes a hungry Annie.
Lastly, the commuter essentials: My Kindle, planner and an umbrella. I am notorious for losing umbrellas so it is not a particularly cute or even effective one but it does the trick. It's cheap enough to replace when I inevitably misplace it and functional enough to prevent soggy shoes...That's what's in my purse—what's in yours?

13 comments:

  1. Weee! Haha. I have 2 of those iphone converters too, they're a lifesaver! And I also have one of those mirror brushes, so funny
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Cute kindle cover!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post is so much fun! i may be doing one of my own really soon. i'm curious about those ELF lip stains! also love that you have business cards for your blog.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice post. Keep it up!!
    You are having really Lovely Blog. Keep visiting my blog. I will too. Dear
    Dear, I am following your lovely blog. Hope you will follow back. xxx
    My blog new post up, click it & comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your purse is really full of fantastic things!!
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these type of post! Love your wallet, super cute.

    www.lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove my Vera Bradley wallet, too! I also always love finding other Jeep girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahaha I always carry snacks too! Lovely purse by the way! Mine is much more messed up :-)
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook
    International giveaway: win a sparkle made in Italy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great essentials - I definitely need one of those mini hairbrushes! I carry a tape measure in my bag too, glad it's not as unusual as I thought! I also never leave without a few safety pins and a hair tie.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.