Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Country Roads, Take Me Home

Where to begin...It's been weeks since I've posted, and what can I say? Sometimes, real life needs a bit more attention while internet responsibilities to take a back seat. After some much needed me time, I'm excited to dive back into my blog and the relationships I have with my wonderful readers and fellow bloggers. During some of my sabbatical, I was visiting my dear mountains where I've vacationed nearly every year since childhood. Being with family in a beautiful place so near to my heart gave me some of the restorative energy I was needing. These snapshots (some by me, and some borrowed from my brother), summarize the time: loved ones, no makeup and carefree fun. Just revisiting these photos gives me a little zen. I can smell the fresh mountain air. Can you?
Photos by Trever Loynd and myself

16 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, you look very happy. It's always nice to have a little vacation and spend needed time with the fam :)
    Have a nice day dear!!
    xo,
    Flo / Florencia's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. such happy pictures! Hope you had a great time :)
    Love
    Nitika
    The Shopaholic Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. super:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy! It looks like an amazing time! Sometimes you just need to take a break from things and relax with the family :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. missed you! so glad you're back :) it's so nice to escape sometimes, especially to the outdoors! looks like you and your family had a wonderful time together. what a sweet tradition!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of fun! I love those shots of the rope swing - I can't imagine wanting to leave and get back to life in front of a computer screen.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. "me time" is always a good choice & spending time with your love ones. These photos are beautiful, you look stunning & the scenery is stunning!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post and photos!! I love that you're a Jeep girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOP↟ Such a great post! :) it look greats
    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡
    Do you want to follow each other on instagram? I'm @chicstreetchoc! Thank uuu
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, you are so lucky to have family living there!! It looks gorgeous there! I'd loove to take a dive into that lake, haha! I definitely agree that sometimes we need to enjoy life.. internet and blogging can come second, haha. Welcome back to the blogging world~ can't wait to see more posts from you!! :) X

    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
    beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything
    is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so fun. Love your photos.

    Pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love going to places like this, with genuine fresh air. Greenery and mountains are always beautiful.

    Ayesha xxx
    Http://alycheeaday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.