Monday, August 18, 2014

The New Neon

Head to Toe: Blouse, Marshall's // Skirt, Urban Outfitters via Goodwill / Sandals, Steve Madden // Shades, Guess // Clutch, Rue 21 // Necklace, J. Crew.

Let's face it: Summer is coming to an end. There are only so many more weeks that neon green will be acceptable, so I'm living it up (especially in a skirt purchased with tags on for $5 at Goodwill). For me—after 17 years of education—the "New Year" comes in the fall. And as a new season rolls in, I've been doing a lot of pondering about the 'selves' that we portray through blogging. Don't get me wrong, I try my best to be my honest self on this blog, and the outfits I posts are things I actually wear (to work, on the weekends, out, etc.)...But, there are lots of things I don't share. Like, I always leave late for the train. It's a game I play with myself to see if I can make it in the very least amount of time. Also, I put tinfoil on a cookie sheet before I bake anything, just so I don't have to wash the pan (sorry environmentalists). And I rarely eat anything that isn't takeout or from the freezer section, unless it's pasta.  Bottom line, no matter how great we feel in a particular outfit, or on a particular day, no one is perfect, and that's something I'm trying to remind myself of as I propel into my mid-twenties and this "new year."

12 comments:

  1. so in love with your skirt! girl, i can relate to your non-perfect life. i am perpetually rushing to work and totally survive on ready-made meals. your blog is perfect because you portray life/fashion so realistically!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, such a great read! I know that for me I usually am not very personal an my blog (for bad or for worse). People reading it probably don't really know what's going on in my life, but that's just how I am. Heck, I don't even have a personal Facebook account! But I always enjoy when other bloggers share tid bits about their life (perhaps I should too). I am always rushing as well! I'd just rather get that extra few minutes of sleep ;) Lovely outfit too by the way. That skirt is such a steal! And so pretty. I adore how you styled it.

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for bright pops of color, lovely skirt :)

    -- Michelle | MXP STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. super:)) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're all far from perfect (I do the same thing with cookie sheets). Also, I really, really love this skirt - the colour and pleats are so fun!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you can wear neon so well! Jealous!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I'm the same way! Mostly frozen/pre-made food unless I go to my mom's for dinner!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt was a great find! We are neon green skirt twins (sort of) today!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful skirt.
    xx
    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing these details with us Annie! To me you look very near to perfection anyway :-) love your skirt!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook / International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice skirt. Perfect color. xa
    http://www.fashiondenis.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who takes all your pictures? You look fabulous! !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.