Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Chicago: Part One

Head to Toe: Top, Marshall's // Pants, Gap // Heels, Payless // Jacket, Alice and Olivia (thrifted)

This past week I visited Chicago for work-related business as well as some fun time with my cousin who just relocated to the area (more on that next post). I had the most wonderful week exploring a new city and meeting new people. For night one, I went with a group of editors to Coco Pazzo restaurant (I highly recommend). I sported loose slacks and my favorite leather jacket for the Chicago chill. It is windy, after all, although I learned that the wind has nothing to do with the city's nickname. It's called the Windy City after the "windbagger" politicians who lobbied to have the World's Fair held there near the turn of the century. Snapple facts got nothing on me!

13 comments:

  1. So cute! I still have never been to Chicago, but that's not surprising, I've barely been anywhere...
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Chicago, but it looks like a fun city to visit! Love the slouchy pants and your cityscape backdrop!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jacket, definitely necessary in Chicago! I hope the city treated you well ;)

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  4. how amazing is that jacket -- and it's alice & olivia!? you are a thrifting expert. sounds like you had a great time in chicago! i've heard lots of great things about it. can't wait to see your next post!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting to travel to fun places for work!! Love that yellow jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic city and great look!
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love the colors of your outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos are you look fabulous of course!

    www.lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest look and we're loving how you made the pants casual by rolling the bottoms but chic by adding heels. Way too cute!

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, these pants are perfection. You look stunning! Fabulous pictures, love. If you get a sec, I'm sharing my Vanity Fair feature on the blog today. :) xx

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.