Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Life

Sometimes things happen to rock your world. Sometimes they don't come in a way you're expecting. Yesterday, I was running late for my train and had to sprint over the fly-over and hop into the first car I could, just before the doors closed. I found a seat quickly and settled in to read my kindle, instead of walking up to one of the first cars I usually sit in that are typically more open. At the next stop, I heard a commotion behind me. I turned and saw that a man had his foot stuck in the gap between the train and the platform as the train prepared to pull out. One person was trying to help him remove his foot and another pushed the emergency button, but the door began to close anyway. I grabbed it and ran onto the platform, shouting and waving for the conductor to stop. She saw me, and the door opened again. The man was able to free his foot and get on the train.

Something tells me that the universe wanted me and my loud mouth on that car, and to teach me this lesson: No matter what our personal struggles are, life is fragile and fleeting. All you can do is try to be a good person, and make the best decisions you can, because we only get one shot at this thing called life.
Head to Toe: Top, American Eagle // Jacket, Forever 21 // Skirt, handmade by my mom! // Bag, Women In Business // Booties, Target

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at you miss hero! That is so scary, I'm glad the man is okay!
    And on a lighter note: love that skirt!! :D A perfect Fall piece
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was scary. thank goodness you were there! he's a lucky man.
    oh and cute skirt! denim and pritns is always a perfect combination!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do believe we are put where we are meant to be. That is an amazing story, and that man will never forget that day, and always be grateful you and the other people who helped him were there, and the story didn't have a less fortunate ending.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really an amazing skirt..love also your maxi bag.
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice:) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg annie, this is crazy! thank god everything turned out okay. you are so brave! props to you for taking charge.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cayuteeee! now hand over the bag and no one gets hurt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, such an amazing story and absolutely loving this outfit!

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the colour and shape of your back!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use styling the warm hues of the bag and skirt with the optical white of the tee. Super!!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness you were on that train!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.