Monday, November 3, 2014

Under the Big Top

Happy Monday! But, let's backtrack and talk about Halloweekend. I have always loved the circus, and my favorite era would have the be the roaring '20s, so I decided to go out this year as a vintage circus performer. I loosely based the idea off of one of my favorite books, Water for Elephants (great movie, too). The sequin leotard is a thrifted gem, finished with a headpiece and boa from the costume store. My key prop was a hula hoop—you know, for my lions and tigers to jump through. And my bob felt pretty period-appropriate. All in all the look cost about $25. I had a blast with friends out in NYC, which is thankfully one of the only places in the world you can go out in public sans pants without catching too many sideways glances. What was the best costume you saw this year?

18 comments:

  1. This is too cute! So creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! You look so amazing!! :D Woohoo!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A unique idea for costume! I love it!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS SO CUTE! Love this look! I went as a flapper - similar idea - headbands and bling. We're on the same wavelength ;)

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your costume - too cute!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute costume! Very creative.

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVe your Big Top costume! Soooo creative! SOOO glam and gorgeous! Fabulous!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that costume...what a find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like a legit 20's circus woman!! LOVE IT!! Your head piece is just gorgeous too by the way. You can use next it year for flapper or something too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awsome !!!! ;) I like it very much !!
    www.rizarelizzo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post dear! I love your costume - so chic
    Kisses Emina

    www.fashionbyemina.blogspot.com
    New post on my blog - check it out ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a perfect costume and sounds like a total steal!

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Marvellous costume dear!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.