Sunday, January 18, 2015

Snowday Chic and Life Lately

Head to Toe: Blouse, Loft // Sweater, Loft (thrifted) // Jeans, Forever 21 // Boots, Frye.

I'm a little late posting this outfit from the other week during our first pseudo-snowstorm. The white stuff had me feeling sparkly so I threw on a bedazzled cardi and forwent jewelry so as not to look like a complete snow-globe. On another note, I got thinking that I haven't been sharing many details about my life these days (besides the fact that I take selfies on sub-freezing mornings to share my sartorial pursuits with you, my dear readers). So I figured I'd recap some Insta-highlights of late to let you know what I've been up to.
Fantasy days of having a "mild winter" are over. I managed to get my butt to the train amidst a fleeting snowstorm the other week. It swept in and out between 8 and 10, staying just long enough to fudge up everyone's commute. #ConnecticutProblems.
I had post-work dinner and drinks with my friend Becca last Friday to celebrate her cool new apartment (two words: exposed brick—I'm jealous). She prepped this pretty spread.
Last weekend, I went to NYC with my roomie Lei, and we visited a few speakeasy holdouts from prohibition days. (That is most certainly coffee and tea in our cups.)
This past Friday, I went to New Haven with girlfriends who also happen to be SCSU college buddies. I lived in New Haven for three years as an undergrad and never tried landmark Loui's Lunch (famous for a medium rare burger with cheese and onions on toast). My honest review? Damn good, but ketchup would've made it great—they'll kick out anyone who inquires, so I sucked it up.
That brings me to today! It's a chilly, rainy Sunday so I am cuddling inside with Monti. I ran out and grabbed a paper before making breakfast (check out those omelette skills). I'll be 25 next week, and I decided it was about time I started paying attention to what's going on in the world. 

15 comments:

  1. You make treking out in horrible weather look good! And amazing looking breakfast boo. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute cardigan!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have been having a lot of fun lately! And that cardigan is so so pretty. Following you on Instagram now :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for snow, haha. That cardigan is so cute! And looks like you've been having fun lately!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sparkly cardi, and that you were brave enough to go out for outfit photos in the snow. Happy early Birthday!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color looks amazing on you!! And OMG that food is making my mouth water!!!

    Love,
    Wendy from http://CollegeCheese.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute cardi! Love that color!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice look, I like the jacket :)

    http://teryskills.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, love your sweater such a nice color :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you've had some fun times with friends and delicious food lately!! Aren't lazy Sunday mornings the best? I'm 27 though and still haven't gotten around to reading the paper. Haha.

    On another note, I love your outfit! Such a cute cardigan and those Frye boots are adorable.

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the riding boots. Not to mention, all that food is making me hungry. Thank goodness I'm about to order breakfast.

    www.stylegonerogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit, I love the most your lovely color sweater. Awesome!!!

    xxx

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great! Loving the color of that cardigan.

    www.lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im so into the clothes with jewels on it!!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.