Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hump Day Favorites: Summer Office Essentials

First off, I want to say how thrilled I am to be writing "Hump Day Favorites" already. I mean, today was basically Monday! I hope you all had a lovely long weekend celebrating the unofficial kick-off to summer. And of course, my thoughts to anyone who has lost a loved one who served in the military and my thanks to all of those currently serving. 

My weekend involved everything a MDW should, i.e., the three B's—beach, brunch and barbecue. But let's face it, when you have a nine-to-five, the word summer doesn't mean quite what it used to. Instead of three months, break is two days a week, and lazy beach days are traded for air-conditioned cubicles. I rely on a few key things to enjoy my office during the summer, and to still be inspired by the season.

Remember those big blanket scarves from winter? Don't pack them away. A big scarf is my number one necessity (like this boho one from Zumiez). Worn as a scarf or wrapped like a shawl, it comes in handy when the a/c kicks in and can be thrown over pretty much anything. It can even come in clutch in the event of an impromptu lunch-break picnic. 
Next, dress up your desk! A fun mug is important no matter the season, and it holds the best creation invented—coffee. I like these from Etsy and Kate Spade. Then add a frame containing a fun vacation photo to remind you that the beach isn't so out of reach. 
A little greenery does the mind and body good, and succulents are the hardiest in fickle office environments, plus they don't require much care. Adventures in Cooking has a good DIY terrarium tutorial, or you can get them for $10–$20 in Whole Foods. 
Last, fresh flowers always perk me up. Peonies are in season right now and I can't even look at them without smiling, but really any will do. A one-off rose from your local flower shop will run you about $3. So worth it!
Photo sources (clockwise from top): Proflowers // The Every Girl // Lovelyish

22 comments:

  1. Gosh all of these office spaces are so inspiring. I am still not sure which way I am going to go when it comes to decorating my home office.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired ... I will try it out myself...Thanks for sharing !

    Stylish Coat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little globe is so cute! I've wanted succulents for a while now, but I have nowhere to put them...
    And yes...Summer for grown ups isnt nearly as fun as it used to be! Ha ha
    http://closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fresh flowers too! I should definitely get them more often (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am very excited it's pretty much wednesday already! And after spending last summer on unemployment, I'm a little sad to return to the summer reality of having an office job again. But we have to make the most of it right?
    And I love a little gold EVERYTHING for my desk.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos.
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks, I love all these things.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que show de imagens blog maravilhoso sucesso seguindo
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNlFtDc1-o
    Blog:http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh these office spaces are making me crave decorating!!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen offices looking so cute!!
      xxx
      www.travelera.es

      Delete
  10. So cute and tidy desks!!
    xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that home office!! Im always pinning ideas for mine!

    www.tusksandtails.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great inspiration!
    Have a nice evening!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice as always :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks lovely, especially adding flowers, MAJOR thumbs up, and I love the DIY terrarium idea, I can't wait to try that out as it looks wonderful :)

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must always (always!) have mugs ready in your office or anywhere really! It looks amazing, I'd love to get flowers for my desk in my bedroom but I don't know if I could...hahaha

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! You have a beautiful blog ❤ I follow you now on GFC! I'll be waiting on you new posts :)

    With love, Nastia Deutsch ❤
    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore these inspirational photos and especially the phrase, "when in doubt, add peonies!" So true!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVVVE peonies! SOOOO gorgeous! And that planter rocks!
    kisses
    xo Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful decor inspo!

    Have a lovely weekend dear :)
    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.