Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sartorial Sunday: Bespoke Beauty


Head to Toe: Top and slacks, handmade by Cynthia Loynd // Wedges, Tommy Hilfiger // Bag, Steve Madden

My super-talented mom sewed me this outfit (which I'm officially obsessed with) as a gift, and I had the perfect occasion to wear it at CTC&G's Innovation in Design Awards. It's perfectly tailored and truly bespoke (a word that's often thrown around in the design world), so I got a lot of compliments on it at my magazine's annual awards celebration. I'm so lucky to have such a talented, and stylish, lady for a mother—just in case you were wondering where I got it from. *winky emoji* A huge thank you to her!

On another note, you may have noticed a slight change in the format of New England Romance. I was feeling like my daily outfit posts were becoming a chore (and often a snore?), so I decided to do some restructuring. You can now see my outfit posts every Sunday (and follow me on Instagram for more #ootd's), along with more thematic posts during the week focused on trend reports and weekend fun. What do you think about this shift?
Photos by Alexis of Cheese & Weim

11 comments:

  1. Nice post! I love your outfit!

    http://martasfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute ladies
    new post: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/05/sandgren-clogs.html
    blog: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's amazing!!! The outfit looks gorgeous, your mom is sooo talented, also love the earrings!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your mom is the best! I love love love this outfit. It looks STUNNING.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, your mum is a talented lady! Super cute and stylish :)

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH! I love this!! Your mom did such a great job!! My mom used to make me almost all my clothes when I was little. And more recently she made me a skirt. And I have her fix anything I buy that doesn't fit properly, hehe
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post dear! Hope you have a great day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear,
    What a pretty outfit.
    Btw, I want to invite you to join the International Giveaway from my blog : http://claudiacernean.blogspot.ro/2015/05/banggood-giveaway.html .
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's awesome! Such a gorgeous outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE! Love this look, you look stunning, as usual!
    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you are indeed a knock out in that outfit, and you are lucky to have such an amazing and talented mom!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.