Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sartorial Sunday: Weekend Vibes

Head to Toe: Top, Zara // Shorts, Gap // Sandals, Reef // Hat, American Eagle

Sunday night sigh...After a particularly relaxing weekend, the work week has snuck up on me again. But after some time with friends and a little good ol' pampering (an overdue mani/pedi happened), I'm feeling rested and ready. I devoted today to some much-needed me time. I woke up and read my Sunday paper over Saturday's leftover quiche cups, then headed to the beach for some sun. I threw on jean shorts and long sleeves over my bathing suit (it's usually breezy by the water but surprisingly wasn't today) and slipped into my super-comfy Reef sandals. I tossed my beach blanket and some reading material into a roomy Design Within Reach tote—a freebie from a work event—that's the perfect-sized catch-all. With a wide-brimmed hat and shades, I didn't need a stitch of makeup. I even spritzed salt spray into my hair to fake some beachy waves (because if you have ever seen Long Island Sound you understand why I wasn't actually swimming). After a few hours at my cozy local beach I wrapped up the day at a yoga class taught by one of my favorite instructors. It must be all that zen; I'm not even mad about this whole Monday thing...

20 comments:

  1. That looks so fun - I can't wait to go to the beach sometime soon (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look!

    Have a great start of the week :)

    beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute beach look! Also, looks like you could be at a music festival with that fun blue background, haha!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beach blanket and that sounds like a great weekend! Now I need to go find myself a good pair of Reefs - I haven't owned any in years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach looked perfect, and sunday was definitely the day for it. Nothing quite like a truly relaxing weekend!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this very easy go-to look. That sweater is amazing. I want to have a piece of that.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweater, and as far as the weekend.... seems so fun and relaxing (jelly!!!)
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds a nice relaxing Sunday, just how I like!! X
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great summer look!
    Kisses

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your pink and orange towel! And fabulous sweatshirt too!! LOVE your beach look babe!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah your day looked so relaxing! What beach did you go to? I like to go to the little beach in Sayville nice that is small and not super crowded.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly, it was a teeny tiny strip of beach near my place in CT...But I did hit up Long Beach last weekend and it was super nice!

      Delete
  12. I just did a beach blog post too :) super cute outfit, love the hat! xxx

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. That top looks gorgeous! You sound like you had an absolutely relaxing time at the beach, it looks so calming <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Hope you have a lovely day.


    CHECKOUT MY LATEST POST: MAC The Matte Lip Collection Swatches

    ReplyDelete
  15. causal chic
    new post: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/05/tailored-by-itailorcom.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderfull look.
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.