Friday, June 5, 2015

#TGIF: Off to the Races

Off to the races



Happy Friday, fashionistas! This weekend, I'll be attending the Belmont Stakes for my first time ever, so I thought it only fitting to create an outfit inspired by the event. The fun part is, you can totally rock this look to a bar that's playing the race or throw a party of your own. Southern Living has a great write-up of the best Race Day Cocktails (a mint julep is a key accessory in my look), along with a fashion guide and race-day checklist. 

For the outfit above, I didn't give myself a spending limit, but for my actual ensemble, I grabbed a funky hat at Burlington Coat Factory and am wearing a dress and shoes I already have. Keep an eye on my Instagram for a snap. Now, only time will tell if American Pharaoh can make history and become the first horse to snag the Triple Crown since Affirmed in 1978. 
Until then, I leave you with my favorite scene from Audrey Hepburn classic, My Fair Lady:

19 comments:

  1. This is such a perfect outfit for a special spring event! The hat is amazing :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh how fun!! And that is such a cute outfit! I love thinking of dream outfits to wear to things, haha....if only we were rich ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you end up wearing for the actual day! Love this inspiration look! Enjoy- and go American Pharaoh!

    Clare | Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that outfit, that dress is too cute :)
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the print on that dress- so classy!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice :) Enjoy the weekend!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress.
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, how exciting, I have never attended a horse race. I went to see car racing once and it was LOUD! Way to loud for me. But you are going to look super fashion forward!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful and classy outfit! I have always wanted to go to the Kentucky Derby horse race but have sadly been unable thus far! One day! Love this outfit though and looking forward to hearing how the race goes!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. One word on this look: perfection!
    xoxo

    http://instagram.com/ladyfur?ref=badge

    http://www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The print and style of the dress is beautiful! Also, I want a pair of those wedge sandals! :D

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a gorgeous dress, have fun!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, I really like your pictures ! xo
    Can we follow eachother ? Let me know on my blog and I will follow back immediately xo

    http://gorishelena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVVVE this post!!! Never been to the races...only polo!!! All about that gorgeous hat!!!!
    Have fun!
    kisses
    xoBeckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to go to a race just so I can wear this outfit, ahh! So in love with the hat and bag! <3

    May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit looks good (: x

    www.birdieliau.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love d way u styled ur jacket :)
    Lookin very pretty

    BeachWear

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice jacket, love it! New on my French Blog: How to straighten your hair and eat Strawberries sweets :)

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.