Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sartorial Sunday: Golden Hour

Head to Toe: Dress, Village Vogue // Pumps, Payless


This vintage ’60s lime green dress is hands-down one of my favorite things that I own. I wore it to an event for the magazine last year that ensued a few rips in the delicate lace, and it’s been hanging in my closet ever since. But when I needed an outfit for a gala last week (celebrating the Designer Showhouse on the Green in Fairfield), my heart ached for this dress. Enter my mom/seamstress, who had no problem fixing the holes with clear thread and restoring it to its original beauty. She even shot these photos during the perfect autumn golden hour before the event. She’s literally superwoman.

9 comments:

  1. That dress it's gorgeous !
    Xoxo

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dress! It reminds me of For Love & Lemons!

    xoxo
    Chanel
    Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! So glad you have someone who could restore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the neutrals paired with that pop of color!!! Such a lovely dress- i just adore lace.
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that dress is stunning on you!! Your mom is the best - seamstress and photographer is the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your neon yellow lace dress is amazzzzzing!!! JUST LOVVE those nude heels and bag with it too! Gorgeous babe!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    So beautiful ! :D

    Sarah, http://sarahmodeee.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Props to your mom for saving the dress, it totally deserves to be worn to as many fabulous events as you can take it to!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.