Friday, September 25, 2015

The Cool Girl's Guide to Dressing for Fall

You know the cool girl I speak of...Her summer tan and sun-streaked highlights endure far past Labor Day. She's mastered the art of layering without looking like Ralphie's little brother from A Christmas Story ("I can't put my arms down!"). She refuses to wear tights until the first snow. She does fall better than a pumpkin spice latte, and she never looks like she's trying too hard. I may never be able to be her, but by borrowing from these looks by my favorite blogger's, anyone can project a little more cool. 
Do like Krystal from This Time Tomorrow and say buh-bye to your typical trench. A sleeveless version is a lot more chic, and can still protect your upper-half from autumn winds.
Suede is the new it material. Helena from Brooklyn Blonde rocks it with head-to-toe beige for a sweet-as-honey '70s vibe.
Wear black. All black. Black is the new black. Take it from Sydney at The Daybook.
Get your slit together. It's time to toss those jeans with the gaping holes that your parents have been making fun of you for years about ("Did you buy them like that!?"). A peekaboo rip is all you need. Kendi Everyday has it down.
I checked with Sincerely Jules and your denim button-down is still cool. Just be sure to haphazardly roll your sleeves and leave the few top buttons open to keep it interesting. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspirations!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These outfits are all beautiful! Definitely feeling inspired.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspirations, I love their outfit! *-*
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving me new bloggers to check out! Really love all their outfits!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.