Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Best Vest

Head to Toe: Vest and Blouse, Forever 21 // Jeans and Necklace, Old Navy // Booties, Victoria's Secret 

Since I started working in New York, I've been feeling in a major fashion slump. Between my shortened morning hours and being surrounded by ultra-trendy city girls, it feels hard to keep up without buying a whole new wardrobe (which is just not an option these days). This furry pink vest, a gift from my mamma last Christmas, was the medicine for a morning of previews and an office holiday gathering. Someone even introduced themselves to me at an event and asked what media outlet I was with, saying she could tell I worked for a magazine by my outfit. Win! Admittedly, I wore leggings and a sweater the next day, but it was a step in the right direction. I'm digging the fun accessories out of my closet to keep the momentum going. How do you get out of a style rut without hitting the mall?

7 comments:

  1. Love this vest! Such a cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post, great content!

    Only 2 MORE MONDAYS till CHRISTMAS!!

    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this look! The vest is so cute
    Haha, I know what you mean! It was hard to keep up with all the stylish girls in my office when I worked in NYC. It's annoying how effortlessly amazing they can look...sheesh! Why can't I do it?!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OBSESSED. I am loving that blush color this year! I recently went to a "style a blogger" event and was put in a vest this color - I wanted it so badly (then I saw the $450 price tag!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute outfit! I love the colour of this faux fur vest :) looks so cool with the bacground too!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope.name

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love furry vests and this one is adorable on you! Especially that color :)

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.