Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Fantastic Elastic

Head to Toe: Blazer and boots, Zara // Leggings, Marshall's

Full disclosure: This was not the outfit I had planned on wearing Monday. I bought a fabulous pair of suede bootcut slacks over the summer at Salvation Army with my grandmother for $5, and have been waiting for the perfect time to wear them. A post-Thanksgiving Monday felt like that time, but, when I pulled them on, they were admittedly tight around the waist from too much turkey (and stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, pie...). Frantic for another outfit on a rushed morning, I decided to forgo the pain of putting on anything else with a zipper and opted from some nice leggings instead, and dressed them up with a blazer and boots (I thought the wine color was also post-turkey day appropriate). In the meantime, I've been wearing my Fitbit and logging three to four miles of walking a day between my commute and traveling to other appointments. I think anyone who attempts a diet between Thanksgiving and New Year's is a glutton for punishment, but I'm going to attempt to be mindful between holidays...Either that or I'm going to have to buy more stretchy pants. How do you stay fit this time of year?

12 comments:

  1. hello annie :) you look really fantastic :) this season is indeed the season to boost our immunity so we wont be grumpy or sickly during gatherings... i wish you good luck in your diet! stay fit!

    The Girl with the Muji Hat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though this wasn't your original outfit, I LOVE how it came out! The colors and great and good job with all the walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, the holiday season is definitely not good for the tummy, haha! Walking through the city will definitely help you keep it in check though. I was definitely more fit thanks to my 3 mile round trip walk to work. Now I barely take 300 steps since I wore from home, haha...
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post, great content!

    Only 3 MORE MONDAYS till CHRISTMAS!!

    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, we all need at least a couple pairs of stretchy pants on hand for the holidays, and when you can dress them up this sharply you sometimes wonder if you even need real pants at all... but I do want to see those suede slacks!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are just so gorgeous and stylish! I'm in love with your blazer, perfect shade of pink!

    Check out my blog if you want: http://www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely look! I adore your light pink blazer!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is so cute...I'm loving the boots!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. JUST lovin' your blazer and cherry leather boots! SOOO COOL!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great look. The boots are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.