Friday, February 26, 2016

Dude, Do You Even Thrift?

Head to Toe: Jacket, L Train Vintage // Leggings, Marshall's // Oxfords, Latigo

Lately, I've been really stepping up my thrifting game. My urge to shop has been stronger than ever, but my need to save equally as dire. So, as usual, secondhand is my go-to. I discovered that there's an L Train Vintage (a small chain of secondhand shops in Brooklyn) dangerously close to my apartment. This jacket—which I suspect is from the early '90s—was a find for only $12. Thredup, an online consignment shop, has been another great source, and I've been selling some clothes with them to supplement my buys. And last weekend, I went to a great thrift store with my aunt in her neighborhood outside of Atlanta. Thankfully, I packed light so there was enough room in my suitcase to bring some things back. Because when you find a pair of perfectly fitting vintage velvet slacks from Saks, you just can't leave them behind. (Thanks Aunt Elaine!) But I'll admit that thrifting can be tricky, and hit or miss. Check out this post I put together a few years ago sharing tips and tricks to the world of secondhand. And happy Friday, fashionistas!
Photography assistant/model: Montague, AKA, Monti the Shih Tzu

11 comments:

  1. Woohoo for thrifting! That jacket was a great find, I love the color! Can't wait to see the pants you got!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so cute! I love the gold shoes!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look so much! Those shoes are simply divine!

    Mallory // Perhaps Bananas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you look so cute! Very trendy striped jacket ❤️
    Xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a stunning coat! I'm in love! ♥

    Happy Weekend!
    xoxo Suzy ( ˘ ³˘)♥
    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful outfit and your dog!! So adorable.
    Would you like to support each other via GFC? If so, just let me know with a comment on my blog and I'll follow you back as soon as possible!

    Kisses,
    www.itsgilda.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those gold oxfords are so eye-catching!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post dear! I like this a lot.


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    NEW POST: Ever Bilena Advance Matic Lipstick in High Heels Review and Swatch
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Assalamualaikum Salam sejahtera untuk kita semua, Sengaja ingin menulis
    sedikit kesaksian untuk berbagi, barangkali ada teman-teman yang sedang
    kesulitan masalah keuangan, Awal mula saya mengamalkan Pesugihan Tanpa
    Tumbal karena usaha saya bangkrut dan saya menanggung hutang sebesar
    1M saya sters hampir bunuh diri tidak tau harus bagaimana agar bisa
    melunasi hutang saya, saya coba buka-buka internet dan saya bertemu
    dengan KYAI SOLEH PATI, awalnya saya ragu dan tidak percaya tapi selama 3 hari
    saya berpikir, saya akhirnya bergabung dan menghubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI
    kata Pak.kyai pesugihan yang cocok untuk saya adalah pesugihan
    penarikan uang gaib 4Milyar dengan tumbal hewan, Semua petunjuk saya ikuti
    dan hanya 1 hari Astagfirullahallazim, Alhamdulilah akhirnya 4M yang saya
    minta benar benar ada di tangan saya semua hutang saya lunas dan sisanya
    buat modal usaha. sekarang rumah sudah punya dan mobil pun sudah ada.
    Maka dari itu, setiap kali ada teman saya yang mengeluhkan nasibnya, saya
    sering menyarankan untuk menghubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI Di Tlp 0852-2589-0869
    Atau Kunjungi Situs KYAI www.pesugihan-uang-ghaib.com agar di
    berikan arahan. Supaya tidak langsung datang ke jawa timur, saya sendiri dulu
    hanya berkonsultasi jarak jauh. Alhamdulillah, hasilnya sangat baik, jika ingin
    seperti saya coba hubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI pasti akan di bantu Oleh Beliau

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.