Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Photo Diary: Mother's Day Weekend in Brooklyn


 Head to Toe: Sweater, Zara // Blouse, Thrifted // Jeans, 341 via Buffalo Exchange // Sneakers, Puma

My horoscope Friday said I should surround myself with nurturing figures for the weekend. Fortunately, my mom and aunt were due to visit from out of town, so that was already in motion! Saturday was filled with some of my favorite things to do in Williamsburg. We migrated from brunch at Harefield Road (which has the best all-inclusive brunch deal in town for $14) to my favorite thrift destination, L Train Vintage. I bought some cut-off Levi's shorts and opted out of the one-piece '80s gem below—should I go back for it? After working off our eggs and bloody Mary's with shopping, we headed to Smorgasburg, a massive outdoor food festival on the East River. Paying mind to the essential food groups, we shared Dough Donuts and Home Frite fries, which came in a handy sauce-wielding container. To add a little culture to the grub-filled afternoon, we visited the City Reliquary, a quirky museum filled with New York–themed knick-knacks, artwork and historical relics. Sunday, the sun was out in full force (finally!) so we packed up Monti for a picnic lunch in Prospect Park. It was the most splendid visit with my favorite people. What else can a girl ask for?
Mom, thanks for being the best one I could ask for. Happy Mother's Day!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, have fun girl!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures you all look so lovely.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Lovely pictures!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice! Happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy! You as well.
      Annie

      Delete
  5. Love this post! Thanks for sharing! xx

    Check out my new post @OHIAMIHT BLOG.

    x Mai

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Thanks for sharing!


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, how lovely! Thank you for sharing! Loving your no fuss casual chic outfit.
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.