Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Summer Kickoff

Head to Toe: Jumper, Bailey 44 via Rent the Runway // Mules, Nina // Shades, TJ Maxx

Le sigh...First day back to work after a long weekend. Admittedly, it's always a little rough, but I couldn't have asked for a better Memorial Day, so I'm content with getting back at it. MDW is often called the unofficial kickoff to summer, and this weekend, it really felt like it. The sun was shining for three hot days. To start it off with zen, I did yoga in the park Thursday evening (along with 800-some others). Saturday, Sean and I went to Connecticut to visit family and friends and were back in the city in time to catch Monday's Mets game. I wore this jumper with flat sandals to a food festival Saturday and with high mules to go out that night (and perhaps again the next day for the train ride home, but we won't talk about that). Point is, transitional is the way to go this summer. 

While I'm basking in the joy of such a great day off, I have to remember the reason why we had it. My heart was full watching all of the military tributes at yesterday's game. (The Air Force flew over during the national anthem, and Navy Seals entered from helicopters via parachutes.) Thank you to all of those who serve and their families for all you sacrifice for our freedoms.

10 comments:

  1. Ooh that jumpsuit!! You're really getting your money's worth out of that RTR subscription! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth it! I'm completely addicted lol.

      Delete
  2. Love the colors on that jumper - it looks so nice and cool for the start of summer! Glad you had a nice weekend :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty jumpsuit, I like the print, love your hair!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad you had a good long weekend! Even though going back to work afterwards is awful....at least you have the amazing memories! Love this outfit :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This a really great post!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that jumper. You look amazing in it! :)

    LifeOfArdor.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.