Sunday, June 26, 2016

Rent the Runway Review

Head to Toe: Tank, Old Navy // Pants, BB Dakota // Platforms, Musse & Cloud

You may have noticed a larger array of new pieces on the blog lately. This is in large part thanks to my Rent the Runway unlimited subscription. Full disclosure: Although I am a Rent the Runway affiliate (meaning, if you click on a RTR link or ad on my blog and purchase something, I receive a percentage), I am not receiving any discount or promotion for my subscription but decided to take the plunge all on my own. I've been thrilled with my experience over the past month or so and wanted to share the details with you.

How it works: For a flat fee ($140 per month), you can borrow three items at a time and keep them for as long as you want. Then, return one, two or all of the pieces and order that many new ones. Dry cleaning and shipping is included.

Pros: I've had a blast trying lots of fun trends, like these wide-legged pants. Let's be honest, in a few seasons, these trendy slacks will probably look dated. So it's a great opportunity to try new styles without a permanent investment. As long as your closet is stocked with the basics, RTR has tons of cute tops, bottoms, dresses and jumpers to rotate into your wardrobe. I've noticed that with my subscription, I don't spend on clothes elsewhere, so it ends up being about the same (or sometimes less) than my Buffalo Exchange habit, and I get to go "shopping" all of the time. Plus, it makes dealing with New York City closet space—or lack thereof—a lot easier.

Cons: Unlike one-off RTR orders, unlimited doesn't give you a free back-up size. I have ordered a few things that were too big or too small and had to send them back, but the site has a lot of reviews and size/fit notes to help out. Besides one instance where a dress arrived without a hook-and-eye, everything has been in great condition. And, in that case, RTR was very apologetic, and I ordered a new item right away.

I haven't tried other services like Le Tote or The Ms. Collection, but I like the freedom to pick your own pieces RTR has in comparison. But if you're someone who doesn't have a ton of time to browse or simply wants more guidance, those may be better (and slightly cheaper) options. What are your thoughts on these types of services?

9 comments:

  1. Nice striped pants, such a statement piece, you look so chic!

    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing summer look! Great mix!

    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually not a huge fan of the subscription services, though you make a very good point, when you have limited closet space, it's great to be able to have new things without worrying about shoving one more hanger into an overstuffed closet. Plus when it comes to trendy things or a statement dress you might only end up wearing once during the summer, it's pretty logical. of course I'm the kind of person who hates cleaning out my closet and will hold on to things even if I know I don't wear them, so this would probably be great for me, but I'd also hate it, if that makes sense!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pants are so fun!!!
    I would love to try out their subscription but I just like being able to keep my stuff forever, haha. With a subscription and returning pieces it makes spending that amount of money a little harder.
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pants!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post!!
    I am glad you enjoyed reading my recent posts.
    Thanks for the support and thoughtful words on my recent post, I deeply appreciate it!!
    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love this. Thanks for sharing!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cutting and style of these trousers! They have a retro vibe but they look very modern at the same time. :D Loving the wedges you chose with them!

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
  9. those pants are so cute! in love with those bold stripes! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.