Saturday, July 30, 2016

Germany According to my iPhone

Sitting in an airport in Berlin (during a five-hour layover), I thought I'd take the opportunity to tell you about my very first trip to Europe. I got the opportunity to travel to Düsseldorf, Germany, to attend a trade show for work. Although I was busy scouting shoes, I did have some downtime to do a little exploring. Düsseldorf has the most charming Altstadt, or Old Town, and pedestrian-only enclaves of shops and restaurants. I indulged in some traditional German food and Pilsner and had the best time just walking around taking in the sights. Although I didn't lug my DSLR with me, my trusty iPhone did a good job documenting my travels.
Apparently Germany is not far enough to get away from Pokemon, which drew all of these people to the river.
Full disclosure: This was a professional shot from the show, if you couldn't guess...
Next up: Frankfurt. Before flying home, I took the opportunity to see one more locale. Frankfurt is Germany's third-largest city, and though it has a reputation for being more industrial, I was completely charmed by it. The Rhine runs right through the middle of the city, which was not only beautiful, but made it easy for this directionally challenged gal to navigate without Apple Maps. Frankfurt also has a beautiful Old Town along with a vibrant shopping district and pedestrian area filled with traditional cider, or, Apfelwein. To get to the latter, I had to cross the river over a large pedestrian bridge. I'm terrified of heights, to it took a lot to muster up the courage, but I'm glad I did...In fact, I'm proud that I was able to travel across the globe and tour two cities on my own. But now I'm hungry for more! Overall, the people I encountered were very friendly and most spoke English. We can take a page from their book in the states. It's back to home sweet city for now but I hope to come back soon! Danke, Germany!
PS: Find me on Snapchat @annieloynd

11 comments:

  1. Have fun girl!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your phone takes seriously amazing pictures. That is crazy! And it looks like an amazing time. The buildings are so beautiful.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I haven't seen many cities in Getmany, Berlin in my bucket list :)
    Happy Sunday sweetie!
    Xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pero que guapiiiiiiiiiiiisima que estas! Unas fotos preciosas ♥
    Besos desde www.JustForRealGirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://www.thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos!!

    Thanks for sharing them with us,kiss

    Paolo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never been to Germany before, but always heard a lot of good about the country. Wish to visit sometime, it looks beautiful.
    Haha, can't go far enough to get away from Pokemon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely beautiful want pack my stuff and travel
    galantosfun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweetie I really enjoyed your post
    Wonderful photos
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Assalamualaikum Salam sejahtera untuk kita semua, Sengaja ingin menulis
    sedikit kesaksian untuk berbagi, barangkali ada teman-teman yang sedang
    kesulitan masalah keuangan, Awal mula saya mengamalkan Pesugihan Tanpa
    Tumbal karena usaha saya bangkrut dan saya menanggung hutang sebesar
    1M saya sters hampir bunuh diri tidak tau harus bagaimana agar bisa
    melunasi hutang saya, saya coba buka-buka internet dan saya bertemu
    dengan KYAI SOLEH PATI, awalnya saya ragu dan tidak percaya tapi selama 3 hari
    saya berpikir, saya akhirnya bergabung dan menghubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI
    kata Pak.kyai pesugihan yang cocok untuk saya adalah pesugihan
    penarikan uang gaib 4Milyar dengan tumbal hewan, Semua petunjuk saya ikuti
    dan hanya 1 hari Astagfirullahallazim, Alhamdulilah akhirnya 4M yang saya
    minta benar benar ada di tangan saya semua hutang saya lunas dan sisanya
    buat modal usaha. sekarang rumah sudah punya dan mobil pun sudah ada.
    Maka dari itu, setiap kali ada teman saya yang mengeluhkan nasibnya, saya
    sering menyarankan untuk menghubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI Di Tlp 0852-2589-0869
    Atau Kunjungi Situs KYAI www.pesugihan-uang-ghaib.com agar di
    berikan arahan. Supaya tidak langsung datang ke jawa timur, saya sendiri dulu
    hanya berkonsultasi jarak jauh. Alhamdulillah, hasilnya sangat baik, jika ingin
    seperti saya coba hubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI pasti akan di bantu Oleh Beliau

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.