Sunday, September 18, 2016

'Tis The Season

Head to Toe: Top, Sammydress // Jeans, Old Navy // Sandals, Ugg x Teva // Bag, Zara // Hat, Steve Madden via Marshall's

Happy Sunday, fashionistas! Although today was pretty warm and muggy, I decided to make a weekend project of swapping out my wardrobe from summer to winter clothes. Even though it's always a little sad to pack away my bright sundresses, I love the feeling of pulling out items I haven't seen in months—they feel brand new! In the city, storage is especially tricky, and I was recently introduced to Makespace, a self-storage space that picks up your stuff and stores it for you. The bins under my bed are getting crowded, and options like this are seeming more and more attractive. Has anyone tried it or something similar?

In this awkward in-between climate, transitional pieces are particularly attractive, and I have to admit I am in love with these Ugg x Teva sandals. I think Refinery 29 said it best: "I know that these are objectively ugly, but they are ugly in a really aggressive way that brings them right back around to cool." Debatably cool and hands-down the most comfortable shoes I've even stepped foot in.
So long summer clothes!

11 comments:

  1. I didn't know about makespace, sounds like a great idea having a place to store you summer clothes.
    Your shoes seem so comfy. I like your look.. and your dog is cute :)
    Thank you for visiting my blog dear, following you back.
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos, I love the background :D and love the outfit !


    www.infashionchains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely stunning! I'm impressed!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog!♥ I followed you back!

    http://marylyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful look, love your blouse.
    Thanks for following. I follow you already. ;-)
    Wish you a nice week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing dear!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling of seeing old packed clothes that feels like brand new LOL
    a weird yet satisfying feeling
    your dog is so adorable and you look uber cute walking him/her

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aggressively ugly made me laugh! But I've been made fun of for walking my dog in heels, so you have probably made the better choice.

    I'm definitely not ready to do my swap out, I think maybe in another month? Or just the first day I feel compelled to wear a sweater?
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked those UGG sandals! they seem to be very comfortable!


    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know in my blog <3

    thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.