Friday, October 21, 2016

Slip Dress Remix

Head to Toe: Dress, Forever 21 // Sandals, Ugg x Teva // Bag, Zara

It was a case of Indian summer this week in NYC. The hot temps feel a little weird for October, but I'll take advantage of the tights-free days while they're here (and I know I'll be crying about the cold come winter). I bought this dress on consignment years ago, and it's been a cocktail party staple in my wardrobe since. To make it a little more casual, I layered with a white tee for a day of press appointments.

As I've mentioned in some previous posts, Monti has required more doctor's appointments than usual lately (he's doing better now, thankfully), and it's forced me to tighten my belt a little financially. One of the first things I cut out was my Rent The Runway subscription. I've really enjoyed experimenting with endless styles, but I welcome the challenge to be more thrifty and creative with what I already have. I even stopped in Salvation Army today and grabbed an awesome tulle skirt for $12. This blog has always been about fashion on a budget, and that's more true than ever these days—like with giving new life to this old dress. That said, I'm hoping to fill out my wardrobe with a few affordable fall staples. I found some great options on fashionmia.com, including sporty leggings (my weekend go-to), hard-working overalls, a basic sweater dress, cute tops and a fun denim skirt. I'm starting to wish I saved all the cute cut-off jeans skirts I wore in the 00's...Who would've thought those would come back again?
All items from fashionmia.com

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful outfit! very stylish!
    Have a great weekend!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. great dress!
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun does this outfit look on you?! So cheeky, love it! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute slip dress :*
    Love Emina

    www.fashionbyemina.com
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/eminamasovic

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have amazing blog, i follow you♥
    http://majalivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination! Great style

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is so pretty!

    I`m following ur blog with a great pleasure via GFC
    Please join me
    Sunny Eri: beauty experience

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post!!
    I am glad you enjoyed reading my recent posts.
    Thanks for the support and thoughtful words on my recent post, I deeply appreciate it!!
    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  9. The print of that dress is so cute!!! :D
    So glad Monti is feeling better!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good that Monti is feeling better! It's always nice to be able to get a little more money by cutting back on some fun purchases - hopefully you'll find lots of gems in the thrift store, and until then can continue to rewear and remix your existing wardrobe like you have here.

    Hope you've had a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is so unique! I love the prints and you style it so well with all the accessories. x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Monti is feeling better!
    this is such an adorable look
    great lists from fashionmia as well

    The Sweetest Escape

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love repurposing old clothes and giving life to closet items of the past. It's closet strategy at its finest! Love the way you layered your shirt under a slip dress, so clever!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.