Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Fresh Catch

Head to Toe: Blouse, The Loft // Slacks, Stylwe // Jacket, Target // Oxfords, Latigo // Tights, Marshall's

I have to admit, I've been obsessed with the fishnets-under-pants look that's trending right now. I mean, how cool are the girls in the photos below? So cool. But, if you haven't tried it, let me tell you the truth about this look: It's disastrously uncomfortable. I really wanted to layer my fishnets under jeans, but the truth is, putting on your pants with fishnets underneath is extremely difficult. I couldn't get any of my jeans to fit over fishnets without feeling like an actual flounder caught in a net. So, I decided to layer them over these loose-fitting culottes for a trade show last week. On the style side, it was a win. I got a ton of compliments on my outfit and felt like I had that cool-girl styling factor (I mean, not as cool as the chick below, but still cool). On the comfort side, however, it was a total fail. My oxfords dug into my heels with no real barrier, and my feet felt like I was walking on fishing line. Although we all do it, suffering for fashion is just not something I'm into these days, so I'd advise going for this look if you're going out to a quick brunch or event you want to look super cool at—not if you plan on walking around a trade show, or anywhere for that matter, all day long.
Le Happy
Clockwise from top left: Girlfriend Is Better, PinterestWhere to Get It, Pinterest

15 comments:

  1. Aww cute look, the bag charm is so adorable!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, I have to rush off and buy some fishnets now. I don't think I've ever been more serious about anything.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. Your style is so perfect all the time. I love that peek of the fishnets...and those shoes! Perfection.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is such a cool trend but what I really love is your candid review of how it actually feels to wear fishnet tights under pants! Too funny!!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do think the fishnet look is pretty fab, and you pulled it off fabulously - I love it with the culottes. Maybe you could put a pair of no-show socks on first then the fishnets to keep your feet more comfy?
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm honestly not too keen about this trend although I've seen some really good takes on it. Love your honesty!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing it but I still have not tried myself :)
    You look fab
    Have a lovely Wednesday sweetie! X
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this look on literally everyone else but me. I don't think it fits my style but it's a great edgy-chic look!

    Sorry to hear that this trend was uncomfortable on your feet! At least you look so good! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and perfect! I follow you blog, please follow me too. http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was obsessed with this look when I saw fishnet socks in a Seventeen mag article in 7th grade. Still love it now!

    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that striped top
    -Kate
    http://www.katekoutures.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG yess I love the fishnet trend that's been going on as well. I particularly love it when its styled under a pair of distressed denim. It looks so chic! :)

    www.atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.