Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March Birchbox Review

March Birchbox
Happy snow day, fashionistas! NYC is getting pounded with sleet and snow, so I'm writing from my cozy apartment today. I've been a Birchbox subscriber for years, and I never thought about posting a review. Honestly, I'm no beauty blogger and am far from a makeup guru, but I'm always talking to friends and coworkers about Birchbox and thought I should share! For me, it's a gift I give myself for only $10 a month, and it keeps me from spending too much money on makeup—because I'm never sure what will arrive next month!

March's box is called "Pretty Mighty" and is supposed to focus on products that bring out your inner boss lady. The Beauty Protector Protect & Volume spray was my favorite item. I sprayed it onto dry hair before doing my daily curling routine, and it left my hair light and soft (not crunchy). And the smell is great. I also got a small sample of Clean Rain perfume which smells really light and fresh—more of a spring day scent as opposed to a Friday date night perfume.

Now, stay with me, let's get into the real beauty blogger stuff. The Benefit They're Real! Lengthening Mascara is serious stuff. Being an amateur who doesn't have an eyelash curler, I wasn't crazy about it. My lashes were super bold but very straight, and it was hard for me to apply without clumping. I'm going to hang onto this to use as a topcoat mascara on a weekend night out, but it was a little too much for everyday use for me. It also needed an extra swipe of makeup remover after cleansing to come off.

I wanted to try out the Supergoop! Defense Setting Mist SPF 50 even though I wasn't going out in the sun. It went on lightly over my makeup and didn't look greasy, so I will definitely be using it for outdoor days, but probably won't add into my everyday routine. (Although derms would probably say I should, no? See, not a beauty blogger.)

Last, eyeshadow, my favorite step. I was really happy with the Coastal Scents Smoky Palette (note, only a duo came in Birchbox, the whole palette pictured up top is $20). The colors are perfect for a spring "smoky" eye, and were lighter and more subtle than I was expecting. Lately, I've been loving ELF eyeshadow palettes (I have Made for Matte and Prism), but I'll definitely be keeping this duo in my purse for mid-day touchups.

So there you have it, my very first beauty post! Do you have any makeup subscriptions?
Also wearing: e.l.f. eyebrow powder // Chella eyebrow defining gel (December Birchbox) // Laqa & Co. Avo lip butter (February Birchbox) // Stila Water Lily blush

7 comments:

  1. Wasn't a fan of the mascara either, but if you get the mini Marcelle mascara in one of your boxes let me know what you think. Its one of my favs and I am running low! Fun post xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gotten that one and LOVE it! I also like the Milk one...I usually layer those two haha.

      Delete
  2. love those colors, the mascara looks like a good one!

    xoxo,
    Sakura

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/cest-la-vie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many goodies! I love that eyeshadow palette!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this box!! really cool product!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PFW STREET STYLE MARCH 2017 III

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?
    Please let me know on my blog and I will follow back as soon as possible!http://www.milashe4ka9596.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear so many good things about that mascara, but haven't tried it. I have naturally curled lashes, so maybe it'll work for me!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.