Monday, May 15, 2017

Thrifting 101: Summer's Straw Bag Trend

Head to Toe: Too, Marshall's // Jeans, Buffalo Exchange // Jacket, Gamiss // Shoes, Seychelles // Clutch, The Vintage Thrift // Glasses, Izipizi

Happy Monday, fashionistas! And a happy belated Mother's Day to all of you mommies...I have to apologize for the radio silence, it's been more than three weeks since my last post! It was an unintended post-move hiatus, but we are finally feeling settled into our new apartment and loving our neighborhood. I can't wait to share photos when the place is all done. We're getting there!

Sean and I have been exploring a lot of secondhand shops searching for a new (err old) dining table, and while we struck out on the furniture front, I cashed in on straw bags. I found this clutch at The Vintage Thrift in Gramercy and got a bigger tote at Unique Boutique on the Upper West Side. I'm loving this trend for summer, especially because of its thrift-ability! Trust me, before you order that style online for $50 or more, check out your local consignment shop. I saw a bunch of options in every store I stopped in this weekend, and each of the bags I bought—I had to resist getting more—were under $12. (New Yorkers: try Housing Works, Goodwill, Buffalo Exchange and the shops I mentioned above.) Don't forget to share what you find!
Photos by Katie B.

8 comments:

  1. I love the pastel pink in this look. Super cute outfit.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the straw bag trend, but for some reason, I don't want one for myself haha.

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag, perfectly matches the top. Love the oriental/ethnic feel...

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy a really nice ladies purse to complete your looks of casual wear ... i must say a bag really completes your look for any occasions irrespective of age

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I'm in the same boat as you, move-wise so I feel ya!
    Your outfit is so cute and I LOVE that you got your straw clutch from a thrift shop! What a great find!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post dear!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iameleineblog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you've gotten settled in, and good luck with the dining room table hunt!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Known to be the best online fashion brand for women, IndiaRush features an array of luxurious
    bridal sarees

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate feedback of all kinds, and LOVE connecting with other bloggers.